• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    So your store policy is to have people unload their loaded firearm if it is loaded when they come in the store? I just want to be clear here. I realize you have the sign on the door like most shops but if a person does not follow it then they will be told to go unload their firearm?
    Ditto, exactly what I would like to know. Will anyone violating the policy be told to unload their firearm OR asked to leave if they decline? The only place I enter unarmed (aside from Federal facilities and State offices not allowing firearms) is work. IMHO in today's world, going anywhere other than the previously stated places unarmed is simply foolish. Too many other places that appreciate my second Amendment rights that I can spend my hard earned dollars with.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I have spoken to the employee involved, as well as another employee who was there and witnessed the exchange, and they paint a somewhat different picture of how things went down. I was not there, so I am not going to take sides. The facts are that the OP was in violation of the store's posted policy, refused to unload when given the option, and was told to leave as a result. If the employee treated the OP in a less than professional manner, I am truly sorry; we always strive to treat our customers the way we would like to be treated AS a customer, but sometimes we fall short of that goal.

This will be my last post in this thread

Shooter521, even though this thread is about B2, not B1, I appreciate your responses.

As stated in the OP, I have never denied, and fully admit that I was in violation of the policy when I entered B2, just as I was during the 20 or so minutes I was in B1 without a word being said.

Although opinions will differ on this, I did not refuse to unload, but would not be supprised if the employee viewed my stating that "I do not unholster or handle my firearm in public for any reason" as I turned toward the door to leave, as a refusal, more than its intended purpose of giving my reason for leaving.

Finally, I would not have given being asked to leave B2 a second thought, if the employee had acted in a professional manner when doing so, along with never thinking about posting about the experience.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So your store policy is to have people unload their loaded firearm if it is loaded when they come in the store?

Signs prohibiting loaded firearms are posted in the entrance of both locations. If an employee discovers that you are carrying a loaded firearm, he or she may ask you to return it to your vehicle or take it outside and unload it before coming back into the store. If you refuse to do so, you may be asked to leave.

With that said, how a given employee chooses to address a given situation may vary based on any number of factors; we have not been given specific instructions from the owners on this, but it may get discussed at our next company meeting so that the policy is enforced in a consistent manner among all employees at both shops.

Honestly, it just hasn't been much of an issue in the past.

And now I'm done with this thread, as well.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom