• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is totally bizarre. Why is it that traitors are getting the velvet glove treatment these days and heroes are getting screwed? I guess traitors look out for their own.

Yes, they do.

Presbo.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If Bradley wants to mutilate his body, change his name, and is under the delusion that this makes him a "woman", it's his right.
    But he should PAY for it HIMSELF.

This begs a question.
    What other types of delusions does the psychiatric community encourage to be treated this way?

Herein lies the problem. Since the psychiatric community has decided that this gender confusion is a legitimate psychiatric affliction it has to be treated the same way as other mental illnesses are.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Herein lies the problem. Since the psychiatric community has decided that this gender confusion is a legitimate psychiatric affliction it has to be treated the same way as other mental illnesses are.

I recommend a rubber room and an I love me jacket.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by edporch If Bradley wants to mutilate his body, change his name, and is under the delusion that this makes him a "woman", it's his right.
    But he should PAY for it HIMSELF.

This begs a question.
    What other types of delusions does the psychiatric community encourage to be treated this way?

But it isn't being treated as other mental disorders are.
    No other delusion is treated this way, in the sense that the treatment is to bend "reality" by mutilating a healthy body to force this delusion to be "true".

If I went to a psychiatrist and said "I may look like Ed, but I'm really Andre the Giant", would they prescribe as treatment that my body be mutilated, so I appear to be 7plus feet tall and 500 pounds?
    NO they wouldn't.
    They'd attempt to get me back to reality.

Yet, if a physically normal man claims he's really a "woman" (or vice versa), they mutilate the person's body as the "cure".

To me, this is an indication of the mental dysfunction of the psychiatric community itself.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ..but....but...but.....nothing that even brushes up against a sexual identity (or orientation) issue can be classified a "disorder". Ist VERBOTTEN!!!!

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I don't get the deep seated hatred of this man er shman. Not really that much different than anyone else on the dole.
    /
    My hatred of this man stems from the fact that he dumped massive amounts of battlefield intelligence, which included the identities of sources reporting on our enemies. What does this say about us when we are unable to protect our sources who risk everything to help us? Furthermore, He put his fellow soldiers at increased risk, and likely damaged, at least temporarily the war effort. Here's the kicker... He did this deliberately. He is not a whistleblower, he did not uncover any conspiracies, any systematic corruption, etc. In a different era he would have been taken out back and shot on site for this.
    Meanwhile, we are in the midst of a scandal involving the VA screwing over veterans who served honorably and did the right thing. Screw them while they're awaiting treatment for life-threatening illnesses and go out of the way to accommodate a delusional piece of **** like Bradley Manning because his disgusting desires are championed by certain political factions.
    I believe that those who seek sex changes are bizarre and probably have serious mental health issues, however If he/she pays for the operations and therapy without one dime coming from taxpayers then I have no issues with it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    /
    My hatred of this man stems from the fact that he dumped massive amounts of battlefield intelligence, which included the identities of sources reporting on our enemies. What does this say about us when we are unable to protect our sources who risk everything to help us? Furthermore, He put his fellow soldiers at increased risk, and likely damaged, at least temporarily the war effort. Here's the kicker... He did this deliberately. He is not a whistleblower, he did not uncover any conspiracies, any systematic corruption, etc. In a different era he would have been taken out back and shot on site for this.
    Meanwhile, we are in the midst of a scandal involving the VA screwing over veterans who served honorably and did the right thing. Screw them while they're awaiting treatment for life-threatening illnesses and go out of the way to accommodate a delusional piece of **** like Bradley Manning because his disgusting desires are championed by certain political factions.
    I believe that those who seek sex changes are bizarre and probably have serious mental health issues, however If he/she pays for the operations and therapy without one dime coming from taxpayers then I have no issues with it.

:+1:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Funny what that shrill voice of <2% of the population can do. I can think of no delusional breaks with reality in which the 'treatment' is to indulge and enable the delusion. One wonders how sexual deviance falling under the general umbrella of homosexuality has become the ne plus ultra protected class.
    And they say that OCing can't do anything.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He was given 35 years in prison. Longer than the average murderer or rapist.

And we call it justice.

While I generally do not trust the government for anything approaching justice, I would have to consider it right up there with murder for each person who was liquidated by the enemy for being identified as a source of information. Unfortunately, good information is hard to come by, but I have a hard time feeling much sympathy here.

Had he exposed malfeasance, preferably without putting people in the field in danger by doing so, I would feel a lot different about this.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Why is it that countless numbers of veterans were treated to totally incompetent or no treatment through the VA yet this story makes headlines and gives the perception that this Manning character is being pushed to the front of the line.

I don't know. Man, I don't know where, as a country, we are headed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He was given 35 years in prison. Longer than the average murderer or rapist.

And we call it justice.

Different legal system. Manning falls under the UCMJ.

To make the comparison, you'd have to compare the average murderer or rapist that falls under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

And the argument can be made that a murderer or rapist kills or rapes a certain number of people.
    How many were affected by the Classified Material that this "person" decided to give away?

How about the Walkers, spies from a few decades ago.
    Cost to the US, in the billions.
    Immediate risk to thousands of sailors.
    Is that the equivalent of one or two deaths.

I'd have been happy if they dropped the Walkers into the ocean. But I may be influenced by the fact that their spying came real close to getting me killed.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Uniform Code of Military Justice (UJMJ) - ART. 118. MURDER

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Any person subject to this chapter whom without justification or excuse, unlawfully kills a human being, when he--[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](1) has a premeditated design to kill;[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](2) intends to kill or inflict great bodily harm;[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](3) is engaged in an act which is inherently dangerous to others and evinces a wanton disregard of human life; or[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](4) is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of burglary, sodomy, rape, robbery, or aggravated arson;[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]is guilty of murder, and shall suffer such punishment as a court-martial may direct, except that if found guilty under clause (1) or (4), he shall suffer death or imprisonment for life as a court-martial may direct.[/FONT]

Death or Imprisonment for Life.
    Nope, looks like he got less than the sentence for murder (UCMJ).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Uniform Code of Military Justice (UJMJ) - ART. 120. RAPE AND CARNAL KNOWLEDGE

and
    Uniform Code of Military Justice - Punitive Article 120

MAXIMUM PUNISHMENTS
    Rape and Rape of a Child: Dishonorable Discharge, death or confinement for Life, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Aggravated Sexual Assault: Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 30 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child: Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 20 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Aggravated Sexual Abuse of a Child: Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 20 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Aggravated Sexual Contact:Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 20 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Aggravated Sexual Contact with a Child: Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 20 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Abusive Sexual Contact with a Child:Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 15 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Indecent Liberty with a Child: Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 15 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Abusive Sexual Contact: Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 7 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Indecent Act: Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 5 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Forcible Pandering:Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 5 yrs, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Wrongful Sexual Contact:Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 1 yr, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.
    Indecent Exposure: Dishonorable Discharge, confinement for 1 yr, and forfeiture of all pay and allowances.

30 years. (FOR A SINGLE OFFENSE)

Looks like Manning received 35 years.
    So, right around the sentence for 1 rape.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I also forgot to mention, you can have double jeopardy in the military.
    You can be charged under civilian law, and then charged under the UCMJ.

So, rape a civilian, and you can serve time for the crime under the criminal justice system.
    Then, the military can charge you with the same crime, under the UCMJ.

Top Bottom