Not open for further replies.

Renegado

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The boones!
    Hey guys!

I am new to shooting! I recently went shooting with a friend, and I must say, I am hooked!

I was thinking of going to the Indy 1500 today, and picking up my first pistol, and perhaps a riffle (AR-15). For what I read/heard, due to the possible impending legislation, everybody expects the show to be a zoo LOL. Others seem to think that everything will be highly overpriced.

My question is: I am planning on getting a Glock 19, and a generic AR-15. What are the chances I'll be able to find anything at the show, and how much do you think I should pay for these items?

Finally, I was looking at the classifieds here, and many sellers request "LTCH" or something like that. I presume they are talking about a permit to carry? I have applied for one recently, but I don't have it yet. Would the sellers at the show have a problem with that? And, could I get in trouble for purchasing a gun and transport it out of the fair if I don't have my permit yet?

Anyways, my apologies in advance for the many questions. It seems that this forum is full of great people with awesome knowledge, so I thought I would inform myself before doing something stupid :).

Thanks,
    Dale:)

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Hello and :welcome: from Cicero :ingo:

You'll be able to find several G19's at the gun show. The dealers there will handle all the legal paperwork for you right on the spot.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    You might have better luck with a private sale of an AR-15 at the show, but who knows?
    Yes, the request to see an LTCH is a poor man's background check (and not particularly useful for that, but better than nothing I suppose). It isn't required, but some private sellers may not deal with you if you don't have one to show. The vendors will not ask, as they will conduct the NICS check. I suspect prices will be high at the show, but you never know. Unless you are familiar with the AR-15, buying privately is dicey just because you won't know enough to know what you are paying for. Caveat Emptor.
    Welcome to INGO!

Renegado

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The boones!
    You might have better luck with a private sale of an AR-15 at the show, but who knows?
    Yes, the request to see an LTCH is a poor man's background check (and not particularly useful for that, but better than nothing I suppose). It isn't required, but some private sellers may not deal with you if you don't have one to show. The vendors will not ask, as they will conduct the NICS check. I suspect prices will be high at the show, but you never know. Unless you are familiar with the AR-15, buying privately is dicey just because you won't know enough to know what you are paying for. Caveat Emptor.
    Welcome to INGO!

Hey thanks a lot for all the answers. Very useful info! I'm going to head out to the show this afternoon. If anything, I have never been to a gun show, so it will be fun to see. Yes unfortunately I don't know much about AR15's. I did some target practice with my friend and it was a lot of fun, so I was thinking of picking one up before they made them ilegal. I would prefer to deal with private sellers anyways since it seems to be easier than having to fill up the paperwork.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom