• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Failure Drill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Peru
    anyone take advantage of this awesome contest that aac ran? i am picking up my element today!! got the tattoo last feb. been a long time but worth the wait!!!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    AAC ran a promotion where, if you said you'd do it within a certain time frame, you could tattoo yourself with an AAC logo. In return, you'd get a suppressor & they pay your tax stamp.

At least I think that's how it went...

-J-

Failure Drill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Peru
    sorry, thought most people might have heard about it.

advanced armament had a promo earlier this year. if you got a tattoo of one of their logo's (no lettering required) they would give you a silencer of your choice up to 1000 dollars. you still had to pay the tax stamp. it was going to run longer but they had over 200 submissions and ended it early. so in the long run i payed 100 for the tat and 200 for the stamp and got a 600 dollar element for free. i will post a pic of the tat and the can when i get home tonight or sometime this weekend.

Failure Drill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Peru
    so you saved $300 and are now stuck with this permanent logo for the rest of your life... i think you lost this deal

i saved $500 and i was thinking about getting the tattoo before i even found out the promo. doesn't really matter what you think if i am happy with the deal. good day to you sir.

D.Kupp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Nope. AAC is done. Cerberus bought AAC because they needed working silencer patents and rights. They got what they needed. They don't need the people who have done a poor job running the company on the payroll.

The name won't be used and any actual place of business will be sold to the locals while the silencers are built wherever Cerberus feels the best place is. This is what happens each time Cerberus acquires a new small company. IIRC, they bought COBB and dismantled that company but took the rights to it's products and reproduced them at larger factories that could handle volume. We know AAC has had trouble with the volume needed for civilian sales.

Failure Drill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Peru
    Nope. AAC is done. Cerberus bought AAC because they needed working silencer patents and rights. They got what they needed. They don't need the people who have done a poor job running the company on the payroll.

The name won't be used and any actual place of business will be sold to the locals while the silencers are built wherever Cerberus feels the best place is. This is what happens each time Cerberus acquires a new small company. IIRC, they bought COBB and dismantled that company but took the rights to it's products and reproduced them at larger factories that could handle volume. We know AAC has had trouble with the volume needed for civilian sales.

you are mistaken sir.

Link--> Rumor Mill Update: Rumor Debunked: Advanced Armament Corp. (AAC) NOT acquired by Freedom Group/Cerberus

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Semantics, really.

Cerebus owns:

Remington
    Bushmaster
    Cobb (This is now called the Bushmaster custom shop, big caliber bolt guns.)

There is more, I just can't remember the names.

Top Bottom