• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    Want to get into reloading,but want to know how fellow INGOers retain their pistol brass. I shoot at a local conservation club and if no one is there it is easy to pick up my brass. If it is busy then much more difficult. Do you have something you bought or built to capture your brass? I have a few ideas to build something but looking for real world examples. The gun is a XDS 45.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Years ago, during speed steel matches at SW Conservation Club in Ft Wayne, a guys wife used to catch his brass in mid-air. Nobody minded until she started catching other guys brass in mid-air too.

Nobody lost any sleep over it. It is just brass.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Some guys rig up a sort of net like device and shoot next to it. Many popular firearms models also have brass catchers that will attach to them.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Several Years ago I purchased a CTK brass catcher. It has been used for pistol and rifle brass and functions perfectly once you set it in line of the spent case's trajectory. I saw it on sale in a flyer last week for $50, but don't remember which dealer had it on sale.
    Universal Brass Catcher

That is a darn minnow net on a short stand. $60 is rediculous. I bet they filed a patent for that piece of crap. :D

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I'm with Redhorse, sell the XD and buy a .357 revolver. Makes reloading so much easier and fun because you have a gun that can handle magnum loads.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    We use an mosquito net for a army bed we got at the surplus store. That and a few cheap electric fence post with the spike at the bottom to hold it up work well. We are also on private property though.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I use the bed of my truck. It works great. I shot 200 rounds the other day and collected 202 pieces of brass. I do shoot on my own property though.

mustangjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Jamestown
    My wife and I shoot at Eagle Creek. They pick up our rounds as quick as I fire. I don't save them anyway but thought that was strange.

Top Bottom