• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grux

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I'm getting into the wonderful world of reloading. My current plans for my "Reloading Area" will be inside my house.

My question is on my brass tumbler. How much dust will it create and is there a way to eliminate it? The setup will be in an empty bedroom that we have, but I would still like to keep the dust to a minimum if possible.

On a side note - I haven't purchased a tumbler yet. Do some tumblers create less dust than others?

Any input and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Grux

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    Put some 2 inch square pieces of used dryer sheets in it and the dust will stick to them.

That's a great idea, I'll be trying that during my next cleaning session.

Really, the greatest amount of dust is created when the brass and media is poured into your seperator. I usually clean in the garage, for dust and vibratory cleaners can be a bit noisy!

Last edited:

boljr01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    use the lid

some tumblers (I use the big Dillon 2000) have a lid which drastically cut down the dust while in use. As others have said, when moving the media to a seperator and the act of separating creates the most dust and should probably be done outside or at least in the garage or other non-living space.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Gotta agree; I always tumble my brass and do the separation out in the garage. Rather go to the extra trouble, being a "suspenders-and-belt" kind of guy where known health/safety hazards are concerned.

Racerdj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2010
    Indy
    I have the Dillon tumbler with a lid and absolutely no dust or anything gets out. I am using the ground corn cob media. It does a remarkable cleaning job!

Top Bottom