• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Todays modern society. Just less than a hour ago I heard our dispatch send officers to a out of control 6 year old!! Are you flipping kidding me. Way to many people these days have no problem solving skills. It makes me sick with disgust. There is no way I can be very nice to idiots like these.

Jmebd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Todays modern society. Just less than a hour ago I heard our dispatch send officers to a out of control 6 year old!! Are you flipping kidding me. Way to many people these days have no problem solving skills. It makes me sick with disgust. There is no way I can be very nice to idiots like these.

You know why this is? Because today's society has been sis-ified to the point that we can no longer use any discipline our children the way our parents did because they'll scream child abuse. All ya can say is "no, no, that's bad" all the while they look at you and grin and go on about doing it even more. So they call the cops to take care of it because they seem to be like that dude I saw on the news last night..."Teflon man"...no charges would stick to him....seems like cops can pretty much get out of almost any situation AND then they can get the childs gun rights revoked...BAM....

Just my :twocents:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You know why this is? Because today's society has been sis-ified to the point that we can no longer use any discipline our children the way our parents did because they'll scream child abuse. All ya can say is "no, no, that's bad" all the while they look at you and grin and go on about doing it even more.
    Yeah, that whole "here's a number to call if your parents are mean to you" thing, just started taking off when I was still a kid.
    But I knew if I ever called the cops because I was getting my butt kicked for something, I better go ahead and tell them to bring a child-sized body bag.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Why would anyone take a pipe or a hammer to an event like this? There are a few things I take with me when I go out in the event of a "just in case" scenario. A pipe and a hammer are not on the list of those things. :scratch:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    You know why this is? Because today's society has been sis-ified to the point that we can no longer use any discipline our children the way our parents did because they'll scream child abuse. All ya can say is "no, no, that's bad" all the while they look at you and grin and go on about doing it even more. So they call the cops to take care of it because they seem to be like that dude I saw on the news last night..."Teflon man"...no charges would stick to him....seems like cops can pretty much get out of almost any situation AND then they can get the childs gun rights revoked...BAM....

Just my :twocents:

The new excuse for bad parenting is ADHD or what ever they call it these days. Pretty pathetic to have a six year old taking drugs so spineless parents can control them.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As a heads up, its not illegal to physically discipline your kids.

I would also say that the lack of fathers and husbands is central. 18 years old with a 2 year old and a second kid on the way with a different man? Who really expects you to make good decisions for yourself, let alone raising a kid, at that point? Seems pretty prevalent in some demographics. IIRC Scott County used to be one of the top per capita for teen parents, so its not a race issue, its more of an economic, social, and education issue. Good luck fixing it, pretty complex problem and one I don't think we have the first idea about how to solve.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, that whole "here's a number to call if your parents are mean to you" thing, just started taking off when I was still a kid.
    But I knew if I ever called the cops because I was getting my butt kicked for something, I better go ahead and tell them to bring a child-sized body bag.

I am a bit older and was subjected to punishments that would have both of my parents in prison now. I survived and am perfectly NNNNNormal..:n00b:
    I remember when my kids came home with the business card from Sgt. So&so that gave the class a lesson in how to control your parents. They told them to call the hot-line # on the card if they ever were mis-treated. Some of the kids in the class did just that at the first opportunity.
    I told my kids to feel free....call if they wished but be in freaking Utah when I got out of the poky.

Do kids get mis-treated, of course this happens and all to often. Problem is, when you let the inmates run the asylum it's over.

Dr. Spock sucks. The evidence is all around us.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    As a heads up, its not illegal to physically discipline your kids.

I would also say that the lack of fathers and husbands is central. 18 years old with a 2 year old and a second kid on the way with a different man? Who really expects you to make good decisions for yourself, let alone raising a kid, at that point? Seems pretty prevalent in some demographics. IIRC Scott County used to be one of the top per capita for teen parents, so its not a race issue, its more of an economic, social, and education issue. Good luck fixing it, pretty complex problem and one I don't think we have the first idea about how to solve.

If physical discipline were illegal I would have been charged for sure a long time ago. My oldest was one stubborn kid when he was young. It took a lot of butt whippings and some major patients to get him dialed in. He was a challenge but ended up turning out just fine. He just ETS ed from the Army as an E-6 (SSgt.) with 8 years. We laugh about his younger days now but wow what a hard headed kid he was. Some kids need it...others not so much. But all of them have to know they will get it if need be.:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My son and I have had a few situations that could have ended badly for me. In the end he is a stand up young man once the molecules aligned in his thought processor.
    Really all 4 of my sons have crossed that threshold. All but one is good to go.
    Now, a daughter, boy howdy is that a different course of action.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Since I couldn't get the link pulled up on my computer I didn't get all the details (I know, I'm too lazy to use Google) but the first thing I thought of when I saw the headline was "oh, this must be in Martinstucky."

Top Bottom