• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    This is great news. The confirmation process will be the nastiest yet for this replacement. I'm guessing the Dems know that and will put one of their own senators forward. Congressional tradition is not to attack one of your own title.
    Without unlimited government resources, he will much easier to hold accountable. I think John Mitchell did some time after leaving the AG spot.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's a very important and powerful position. You can bet that whoever he nominates, it's going to be part of his goal of changing America forever.

Depends how you still view things though... either O is "just another politician" and it's politics as usual.... or he's the biggest ideologue we've ever had, and will stop at nothing to destroy our two-party system.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Who would want this job other than a far left ideologue? A job that you will lose in just over 27 months? I could describe who I see as possible candidates, but I don't want to get banned.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's a very important and powerful position. You can bet that whoever he nominates, it's going to be part of his goal of changing America forever.

Depends how you still view things though... either O is "just another politician" and it's politics as usual.... or he's the biggest ideologue we've ever had, and will stop at nothing to destroy our two-party system.
    I don't know about that. Hope and change has really got its ass whooped in the last couple of years. I think the longer your ideological failures *****-slap you the less ideological you become. Well, unless you're a narcicist surrounded by sycophants who blame others for why you're such an utter failure.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Issa response: Issa Statement on Attorney General Holder Stepping Down | Committee on Oversight & Government Reform

Eric Holder is the most divisive U.S. Attorney General in modern history and, in a vote supported by 17 Democratic House Members, has the dubious historic distinction of being the first Attorney General held in criminal contempt by the U.S. House of Representatives,” said Chairman Issa. “Time and again, Eric Holder administered justice as the political activist he describes himself as instead of an unbiased law enforcement official. By needlessly injecting politics into law enforcement, Attorney General Holder’s legacy has eroded more confidence in our legal system than any Attorney General before him. Through strong arming reporters, practically ignoring high level wrongdoing, blocking his own agency Inspector General’s access to information, and overseeing a Department that attempted to stonewall Congressional oversight with denials of what is now established fact, Attorney General Holder abused his office and failed to uphold the values of our Constitution. While President Obama and the Senate should work expeditiously to find a replacement, time and care must be taken to ensure that our next Attorney General recognizes and does not repeat Mr. Holder’s mistakes.”

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

The Establishment types will never buck the Left-Right, Republican-Democrat, Liberal-Conservative paradigm. In fact, they actively promote and defend it. It gives them everything they want while satisfying the people with the notion of choice.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Whatchutalkinaboutwillis?

Who, is this 'establishment' you speak of? Soros? Because if it's supposed to be the folks I know and myself we're being scre*ed. We just want a future back, and it starts here in IN...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ByZ_cjkIIAALq6F.png:large

If only.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I'm sure Holder resigning has nothing to with the fact that there's an election in 40 days.

40 Days? I'm thinking two years, and since some recess appointments have been struck down; safer to get a replacement in soon. But ultimately, many on the left want Hillary and they're going to need another name to put left of her to make her look normal to the masses when the primary dust settles (and to keep those on the right from signing up for the primary as a dem voting for Obama, and denying her the nomination). And they can claim she's not as anti-gun, because she'll only want to ban most world wide instead of Holders dream of all in the US; such the compromise that she is. Apply purple as needed.

Top Bottom