• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Good! Cochran's been in too long, anyway. Should be mandatory term limits (my belief is 8 years, max.) for ALL politicians at ALL levels; Federal, State, County, Local.

UPDATE: The Cochran campaign is reportedly asking county clerks not to certify the voting rolls until the last day possible so that the McDaniel people will not be able to look at the rolls and challenge them.
    Now this is simply unconscionable, IMO. Just shows that Cochran is nothing more than a political hack and should NOT be a U.S. Senator, or hold any other political office. Ever.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd read where McDaniel had won by 8-9% based on republican-only voting. There's always a little cross-over voting but the establishment really jumped the shark on this one. There's a part of me that would like to see it go to Cochran just to see if the MS republicans would revolt or rejoin the flock as they're expected to.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    It will be interesting to see if the repercussions for the GOP establishment's actions will be far reaching or not. I am so sick of this kind of crap.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It will be interesting to see if the repercussions for the GOP establishment's actions will be far reaching or not. I am so sick of this kind of crap.

I used to live there. Not sure the political makeup now, but when I lived there it was "the most Republican" state. A lot of people would have to stay home for a republican to lose to a Democrat in a statewide election.

Most of the Republicans I encountered there were evangelical type neocons. They dripped with a George Bush ethos. The majority Baptist and Pentecostal preachers didn't need to preach to the flock that the unpardonable sin is voting Democrat. The flock already knew it.

But that was before the polarization that's occurred since Obama took office in the years since I left. I'm not sure how they will react now. But if it's still the same as when I lived there, swarms of evangelical type voters who live north of Jackson are really pissed at Cochran. Cochran is a stereotypical "good 'ol boy". And he knows how politics work there. But he made a deal with the devil in a lot of minds. The Neocons and Tea Party types might stay home. But they also might not be able to live with themselves if they let a Democrat win.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I may or may not know about a certain person who ran against Julia Carson as a Republican some years ago who got virtually no support from, and actually maybe some opposition from the R party establishment. This kind of behavior is not isolated.

I'm convinced that establishment politicians of most stripes are more concerned about power than they are about principles, the good of the country, or their fellow citizens.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I may or may not know about a certain person who ran against Julia Carson as a Republican some years ago who got virtually no support from, and actually maybe some opposition from the R party establishment. This kind of behavior is not isolated.

I'm convinced that establishment politicians of most stripes are more concerned about power than they are about principles, the good of the country, or their fellow citizens.
    I am sure you do know him, good guy, ****ing sad what they did to him. I sat in my Mom's living room and watched minority, life long Democrats say to his face they were voting for him. With support he could have won.

Top Bottom