• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkeymat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    DeMotte,IN
    I've been working nights for about a week and my wife decided to go to the store one morning after I got home. She took our older daughter but left the baby home figuring I could sleep while she napped. I was laying her down and I thought I heard the front door open, I usualy loxk it but wanted to get the paper after I put the baby down. I gently closed the baby room door and crept toward the stairs. At this point I could hear foot steps on the main floor. I drew my weapon and asked "Who is in my house?" No response. I asked 2 more times who was there and received no answer. I worked my way down the stairs and into the office were I heard the foot steps. As I made the corner with gun level in front of me I realised it was my brother. He had stopped by because my wife needed some help the night before but he didn't get the mesage until that morning. I explained to him how important it was for him to answer me when I asked who it was in my house. I'm pretty sure he learned a valuble lesson that day.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Your bro is coming over to help the wife when your not home.... At least she keeps it in the family.. I need a bro like you..

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    why did'nt he answer you? strange and stupid of him.

also, NO ONE walks into my house without me or my wife opening the door for them after they knock and are recognized by us via camera or through the door. if you have an open door policy in your house thats up to you, but not secure in my opinion.

sparkeymat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    DeMotte,IN
    He has never just walked in before like that. It was a stupid mistake for him to make. I'm sure he will call next time before he stops by. The door is almost always locked but like I said I was going to run to the street and grab the paper. Stupid mistake on my part leaving the door unlocked.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Good lesson learned.

My wife and I used to live in an apartment complex and my sister lived in an apartment upstairs. She used to come in our apartment Kramer style. Just open the door and virtually slide right in. I tried to give her hints but she never got them. So, one day I locked the door and sure enough, THUD!!!

She never did that again.

Chris-B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    In my opinion, and it is just that, i would not have went down the stairs and tried to clear my house by myself, ESPECIALLY with my baby upstairs. I would have called the police and used the stairs as a choke point to protect my child and let the police take care of the downstairs. You knew there was someone in your house that you do not know was there. In my mind, that is an automatic 911 call. Let the person take my stuff, but I will protect my family at all cost. If there was several people downstairs then it would have been very difficult to protect yourself and then your family.

I really don't mean to flame, but i can not see the reason to try to clear your house by yourself with a child upstairs, plus having your brother taken out in cuffs would have been worth it! Once again, just my :twocents:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Glad to hear it turned out ok and nothing bad happened. Looks like everyone learned a few things so hopefully this wont happen again.

Top Bottom