• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Good to know. I think that guarantee would be the way to go on multiple items including powder measure, scopes etc.

No joke. I didn't know this was a thing, but I'll certainly keep it in mind now. Lifetime warranty on expensive optics that are begging to get bashed into stuff? Yep. I believe I would take that deal.

1616905647971.png

1616905702076.png

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Somehow I don’t see this policy sticking around forever. Sure, things bought under it will be grandfathered in, but I don’t see this being a thing forever…

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Somehow I don’t see this policy sticking around forever. Sure, things bought under it will be grandfathered in, but I don’t see this being a thing forever…

Members on other forums are talking about it back to at least 2015 so it's been around a minute. Looks like the only bugaboo is that you get a store credit and not cash. I see that as fair as I probably wanted what I bought anyhow as to have no returned it immediately.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    REI has done this a long time, and somehow made it work. They sell the stuff at a quarterly ‘garage sale’ to members, pre ‘rona. It’s online now. I’ve gotten all my work boots from their for years, 200-300$ boots for 70-120 and nothing really wrong with them except the guy who didn’t know he had soft feet and couldn’t handle them.
    Don’t know how they’ve done it, but it’s a nice feature, hope it works for Brownells.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    REI has done this a long time, and somehow made it work. They sell the stuff at a quarterly ‘garage sale’ to members, pre ‘rona. It’s online now. I’ve gotten all my work boots from their for years, 200-300$ boots for 70-120 and nothing really wrong with them except the guy who didn’t know he had soft feet and couldn’t handle them.
    Don’t know how they’ve done it, but it’s a nice feature, hope it works for Brownells.
    Brownells has never disappointed me, so I can't remember returning anything to them.

I did go to a few of those REI garage sales and got some excellent deals on some things I'd never pay full price on. Yakima gear, Fox riding pants, bicycle parts, all that stuff that is big bucks scare my wallet away!

But if they're doing the garage sales online now, that's even better than the crazy crowd that was there. I'm going to check it out.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Brownells has never disappointed me, so I can't remember returning anything to them.

I did go to a few of those REI garage sales and got some excellent deals on some things I'd never pay full price on. Yakima gear, Fox riding pants, bicycle parts, all that stuff that is big bucks scare my wallet away!

But if they're doing the garage sales online now, that's even better than the crazy crowd that was there. I'm going to check it out.
    I think what used to be garage sale stuff is now under “used gear”, wasn’t near as fun as the real deal. Not an event at a specific time with all the stuff there, just trickling in as people turn it in for gift cards.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

What is REI?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    What is REI?
    It’s a liberal Galyans?
    It’s a classy Dick’s?
    It’s an outdoor, hiking, biking, climbing, camping, backpacking store - politics like Patagonia - chain. One in Castleton.
    If you wanna support the local guy, check out Rusted Moon

*another successful threadjack

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It’s a liberal Galyans?
    It’s a classy Dick’s?
    It’s an outdoor, hiking, biking, climbing, camping, backpacking store - politics like Patagonia - chain. One in Castleton.
    If you wanna support the local guy, check out Rusted Moon

*another successful threadjack
    Okay thanks. I'm in need of some new carabiner's for when I climb trees to cut for my safety equipment.

GLOCKBOY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    I have.
    RCBS Chargemaster Combo. I evidently didn’t secure my 25 pound isolation transformer on the top of my loading bench shelf and it fell about 3 feet onto my RCBS. Totally smashed it.

i explained it to customer service and the nice polite lady said it was no problem. I sent it back and they sent me a brand new one. Saved me from spending about $400 on a new one.
    Brownells customer for life

Top Bottom