• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I think my is worn out. The images I find on line show the recoil spring retained on the guide rod in the coiled position. Mine will not stay on the rod recoiled. Even when I attach the buffer it breaks free and shoots across the room.
    Do any of you Buckmark owners have this problem?
    Looking for one on line I find none in stock.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I think my is worn out. The images I find on line show the recoil spring retained on the guide rod in the coiled position. Mine will not stay on the rod recoiled. Even when I attach the buffer it breaks free and shoots across the room.
    Do any of you Buckmark owners have this problem?
    Looking for one on line I find none in stock.

Go to Browning directly. They have the parts on hand and are half the price of Midway.

If the spring is not placed back onto the guide rod in the correct orientation (direction) you'll likely never be able to keep the retaining 'C' clip in place. The spring is maybe .002 smaller in diameter on one side. You need to place the spring on the guide rod so that the larger dia. hole of the spring goes on first. The smaller dia. end will need to be pushed on last, then hold the spring on and down slightly and place the retaining 'C' clip on the rod.

You can also purchase a complete spring, guide and block assy from Browning for under $7.00. I purchased 6 'C' retainers, 6 nylon stops, a new rod, a new spring and a complete assy from Browning directly for under $14.00 shipped.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Top Bottom