• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    After fighting with this abysmal design for 3 days, I have come to the conclusion that the Browning Buckmark makes the top 3 worst 22 pistols ever made. Anything that relies that heavily on a weak v spring and the grips to hold everything in is a completely ****-on-a-boar useless design. Now that I have that out of the way, I was wondering if anybody on here had ever had the issue of the disconnect failing to reengage the sear. I have had this issue since the pile of crap crossed my bench and have tried several things. There are a brand new trigger bar (disconnector) and disconnect spring installed. I have installed the sear spring several different ways and nothing is working. I have removed the magazine disconnect and nothing is working. The trigger pin is not sticking too far in either direction and there are no broken pieces. WTF?!?! I used to think Ruger MKIIIs were a PITA. They are one of the best after dealing with this pile of garbage. Anybody got anything? I would like to know what I am possibly doing or not doing. Thanks.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have had a Buckmark for 5 years or so and it's been great. Took the mag disconnect out and that's about it (have replaced the main spring, recoil spring, and firing pin after 20-23k rounds though)

I tried the flipping the sear spring thing and for how dirty I was running it, it wasn't working as reliably as I wanted. I got mine to finally crap out after 15,000 rounds without cleaning (too much crud to work right)

The design is pretty user friendly, just be removing the grips you can take parts out easily and change them, beats trying to cram a trigger bar in a tight space.

If you're having that many issues, I'd just completely strip the thing down and start from scratch. Without the trigger bar in there you just have to make sure it's in the "up" position like the mag disconnect bar isn't pulling it down.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    have used the buckmark in competition for several years with none of the issues you are describing. send it back to browning and let them fix it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Have owned 2 Buckmarks for several years, thousands of rounds through 'em, never an issue with either. Bought 'em over the Ruger simply because the Buckmark grip style worked a bit better for my hands.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    M67, thanks for actually responding to my question. I have tried disassembling and reassembling several times now. After getting away from it for a while, I am going to check the trigger when I get back to work and see if it isnt rotating as far as it needs to. I have messed with the back end and have the correct assembly drilled into my head. Also, I completely omitted the magazine disconnect until this project actually starts working. One less useless part to work around.

Top Bottom