• ...and so much more!
  • zerocool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Indy Northside
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the help in my other posting on advice for my first Over Under 12 gauge.

I think I have decided to go for the better quality for the O/U. They seem to hold their value if taken care of.

I am deciding between the Browning Citori 725 Field and the Beretta Silver Pigeon 1. They are both about the same price and both have a good fit for me.

Any opinions or suggestions on which one to go with?

Thanks again!
    Zero

Also any other skeet ranges near the northside besides Indy Gun Club? It is a good place just looking for others to check out.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    If it were me. Browning hands down. I've had my Upland Special for twenty years and other than a couple of slight scratches in the stock, its as tight as the day I bought it! You won't be disappointed.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I prefer Browning as well too, I would go to Indy gun club and see if you could possible shoot each one and go from there. Both excellent choices.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    I prefer Browning as well too, I would go to Indy gun club and see if you could possible shoot each one and go from there. Both excellent choices.

^^^this....and dont go with a field gun for competition style shooting. the field gun butt pads are squared off on top and the clay shooting guns are rounded so they dont hang up when mounting to shoulder. and most clay gun barrels are ported.

iCarry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Porter
    Zero,

What did you end up with? I'm in the same position you are in now and it is between these two guns. I'm looking for a field gun and curious to how you made your decision.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    iCarry, if you can get your hands on both see which one you like the feel of better. Those 2 guns are both gonna be great for what someone buys them for. Similar in price, too. I'm a Beretta fan but wouldn't hesitate to have the Browning, either. If one feels better, then go for it. If you are gonna be in Indy this weekend for the 1500 then make a side trip to Indiana Gun Club. They are just Northeast of Indianapolis about 15 minutes.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Pads can be changed.
    My Citori Magnum was fine, hunted geese with it, pad, LOP was no problem. My issue was with the higher than my 1100 impact.
    Do they still make the "Sporting Hunter" model?
    That was a comp/hunting rig middle of the road and IIRC it could be had in 2 different rib heights.
    Always wanted to try one out :(

Top Bottom