• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidw221

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    I've been going to the Brownsburg Walmart for several weeks to get 22 Cal ammo, Friday, I was able to buy 2 boxes of 22 Cal. CCI I talked to the sporting Manager, ask if he knew when an order of 22 Cal. would be in, he stated Corporate sends random deliveries, then he went and stated every morning around 0630 this old man shows up and sees if they have any 22 Cal. then he gets on his Cell calls all of his buddies and they show up and buy up all the ammo.
    The Brownsburg Walmart came out with a policy, NO ammo will be sold before 0730 then there is a line to be setup in the sporting goods dept. There were several customers there to buy the 22 Cal. ammo, and stated to the Sporting goods Mgr. about not being able to buy the 22 Cal. ammo. The sporting goods Mgr. called the Store Mgr. to his department and told him about this old guy showing up at 0630 everyday to buy up all of the 22 Cal. ammo, the store mgr. stated they might have to come up with a store policy because of the hording and the inability for other customers to purchase ammo at their store. (There is already a 3 box limit for any purchase of ammo at this Walmart).
    They said they are sorry, but they don't have any control over the purchase of ammo.
    Walmart has already raised the prices of their other ammo, to the point where there is plenty on the shelves. In my opinion, I think in the future, they will raise the price of 22 Cal. ammo to the point where it's not economically feasible for the average person to purchase ammo at Walmart, because of purchasing schemes like this old man is doing.
    What he is doing isn't against the law, it's supply and demand, I'm just concerned he will ruin a good thing for everyone else.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Yeah, it kinda sucks. But he's not doing anything wrong. We all have the chance to stand at the Sporting Goods counter and wait on it. If I run across something I need and my daughter is with me then I can get 6 boxes total (as long as 3 or more are rifle). Nothing wrong with that, either. Fortunately I still have plenty of 22s since we shoot 9mm a lot more and I reload that.

And i I would guess that you have a job and can't stand around or go ammo hunting. Me, too. You can try to swing by on the way home from work daily, may get lucky. Park at the tire center and walk in and out quickly if they don't have it.

They did 50BMG in the cabinet the last 2 days. (I had to grab a couple items when I was out and I always check the cabinet if I go there).

Edit:You are correct. Prices have gone up. My $4 12ga and $6 223 are more like $7 and $9-10 respectively. And that's for the cheaper target stuff.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    The wallmart in clinton is putting ammo out at random times, so that the guys that lined up at 7 am no longer get it all.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    The wallmart in clinton is putting ammo out at random times, so that the guys that lined up at 7 am no longer get it all.
    Good for them perhaps this could spread to other stores and those of us who work might have a chance to score some ammo every once in awhile.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Lol. Ammo prices have went up. Walmart can't be expected to keep the price the same. They will get my business because they are cheaper than gun stores and online.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Walmart has already raised the prices of their other ammo, to the point where there is plenty on the shelves. In my opinion, I think in the future, they will raise the price of 22 Cal. ammo to the point where it's not economically feasible for the average person to purchase ammo at Walmart

Technically though, what is uneconomical for plinking .22lr? 10 cents a round? 13 cents a round? Can you shoot and centerfire caliber that cheap? Could you reload it that cheap? Plus, there is .22lr ammo out there that costs .70 cents a round, and it's not uncommon for Stingers or other CCI hunting loads to be 10 cents a round.

Is the price uneconomical? Or just more than you are willing to pay for .22lr?

I really just hope people get used to prices being higher than what they were last year, because you know what, this time next year, prices will probably be higher. So many threads here could be prevented. And I really hope people realize that they are the problem when it comes to ammo shortage. 5.56? You can find that all day long now, you know why, people quit buying every box they see. Same with PMAGs. One day hopefully people will stop buying every box of 22 they see, but it won't happen for a long time. People don't want to be unprepared for the next ammo shortage in the future

Lol. Ammo prices have went up. Walmart can't be expected to keep the price the same. They will get my business because they are cheaper than gun stores and online.

Nu uhh....it's a gummerment conspiracy and every store that sells ammo is in cahoots to charge as much as they can for ammo. Prices on brass, lead, powder, labor, machinery, transportation, taxes....those never change

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is the old coot doing anything illegal? No. Unethical? maybe. Is he a douchecanoe? DEFINITELY!

Kinda makes me wonder what LGS those boxes go to eventually? Or if they feed into armslist, etc?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Kinda makes me wonder what LGS those boxes go to eventually? Or if they feed into armslist, etc?
    Or they do a lot of volunteer work or help out with Appleseeds or donate so that scout troops can shoot.

We have no idea, really.

And if yo want to see ridiculous prices on ammo the CTD is still stupid crazy on 22. I got bored and checked earlier today.

BMDRAKE71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Brownsburg,
    If its the old Couple I spoke to for 4 days in a row at the Brownsburg walmart while trying to get a box of Remington Bulk-Pak, they claimed it was for their daily shooting between himself, his wife and his friend. Each bought 3 boxes and walked out the door. How can you shoot 9 boxes of 225 bulk pack in one day and be back the next morning for more. I told him they were full of BS because its still unethical not to allow other shooters to buy the ammo.
    I think another post nailed what they at the store need to do. lay the ammo out at random times in order to prevent the 22 Vultures from buying 90% of the delivery in 10 minutes.

Bruce

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Walmart has already raised the prices of their other ammo, to the point where there is plenty on the shelves. In my opinion, I think in the future, they will raise the price of 22 Cal. ammo to the point where it's not economically feasible for the average person to purchase ammo at Walmart, because of purchasing schemes like this old man is doing.
    What he is doing isn't against the law, it's supply and demand, I'm just concerned he will ruin a good thing for everyone else.

That's supply and demand. The demand is high. Ut a lot of big retailers aren't raising their prices. If they all raised their prices to meet demand a lot more would sit on the shelves because 'flipping' it would no longer pay, and hoarding would become too expensive for most. Then when it sits on the shelve too long they'll drop the price.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If its the old Couple I spoke to for 4 days in a row at the Brownsburg walmart while trying to get a box of Remington Bulk-Pak, they claimed it was for their daily shooting between himself, his wife and his friend. Each bought 3 boxes and walked out the door. How can you shoot 9 boxes of 225 bulk pack in one day and be back the next morning for more. I told him they were full of BS because its still unethical not to allow other shooters to buy the ammo.
    I think another post nailed what they at the store need to do. lay the ammo out at random times in order to prevent the 22 Vultures from buying 90% of the delivery in 10 minutes.

Bruce

Not defending them, but there are people who shoot that much ammo. Maybe they're stocking up for the summer? The ran completely dry and this has been the only time when they've figured out the delivery schedules? Before 22 came pretty damn hard to get it would be nothing to shoot 12k a year for me, plus the centerfire stuff

Every shooter's needs are different

davidw221

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Heck, this guy shows up at 0630, hangs out, calls his buddies, then when they open up at 0730, they have the monopoly.
    This is what the Sporting goods mgr. tells me.

Top Bottom