• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jagdhund

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking to buy a couple varying caliber/length uppers. I don't want to bother building, lust looking for some cheap options. I was going to buy a pistol length .223/5.56/.223wylde this week. I'm also looking to build up a collection of uppers in several calibers.

I was going to ask about Bear Creek Arsenal. They had some low prices on some pretty basic uppers. I saw the thread mentioning Radical Firearms, they also had cheap options. Any other cheap/basic brands (that are still reliable) I should look at?

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    For uppers on a budget, I've had good experience with Hardened Arms: https://www.hardenedarms.com/pageHome

And also the guys at the 1500 gun show who have all the uppers sitting vertically in racks on the table... can't remember their name but I've got a 20" upper that came from them that shoots 3/8" groups at 100yds all day long, and was very reasonably priced (I think they use Wilson barrels on all their stuff).

Palmetto is a good option too, but if you order from them have patience. They often take a couple weeks to get your stuff shipped.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Really cant go wrong with a PSA complete upper. And I have always had good luck ordering from therm. Not much longer wait times that you would expect.

While I don't know much about Model 1 Sales ( the other company indygunguy metioned) I'd be really surprised if they use Wilson barrels. Not saying that they are ok for the price though.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have a couple of uppers from hardened arms and have no problem with them. If you watch gunbroker, they occasionally will run a bunch through there on 24 hr auctions. I paid $221 for each of mine that way and they have quad rails on them.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Primary arms also has some real good deals on completes every now and then, ive bought a few from them and they're good quality. Mine both came with charging handle and bcg for under $300

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    For uppers on a budget, I've had good experience with Hardened Arms: https://www.hardenedarms.com/pageHome

I have a couple of uppers from hardened arms and have no problem with them. If you watch gunbroker, they occasionally will run a bunch through there on 24 hr auctions. I paid $221 for each of mine that way and they have quad rails on them.

+1 for Hardened Arms. Check out Gunbroker, first, though. Seems like you can often find their uppers available at a steep discount there.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I cant speak to Bear Creeks complete uppers but I have one of their barrels on my SPR and its shoots very well, I'm very happy with the purchase. Also its hard to go wrong with some of PSA's deals they have, I have a couple of their uppers and haven't had a minutes trouble out of either.

Jagdhund

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I am happy to assemble whatever your needs and price range is. Please give us a call and see what we can do within your needs.

I'll ask about it next time im in there. It's more that I'm too lazy/busy to research individual cheap components, than too lazy to assemble.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    i have ordered 2 rifle kits from palmetto and couldn't be happier. i received both of mine in less than a week. also if you want to go super budget the ptac rifles are not as bad as people say they are, i out shot a colt national match with mine.

Top Bottom