• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm a big fan of their Carbon blades. They're cheap, and take/hold an edge.
    I pretty sure I saw a box of them at Brad & Knife Lady's table at the Marion county fairgrounds show.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm a big fan of their Carbon blades. They're cheap, and take/hold an edge.
    I pretty sure I saw a box of them at Brad & Knife Lady's table at the Marion county fairgrounds show.

Yep, Brad & Sheila always have a box of Moras on their table. I bought two the first time I met Brad at the Lafayette show. They're great tools, especially for the price point. Eventually I'm going to replace all of my kitchen paring and steak knives with them.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Agree with the Mora knives. Made a BOB for my son when he moved to Colorado, and of course, added a new Mora Companion. Other goods were included, but a MultiTool, and the Mora seem to be an "always" carry when he visits the Rockies. He has split kindling to get a fire on, and spark with a Faro Rod.
    I own a #2 (red handle-wood w/ plastic sheath), but really missed the grip of the Companion I gave away. Situation solved, shopped up another Companion, paid a whopping $14.95/ shipped to my door. Green handle with black/green sheath. Carbon Steel is my preference.
    Lot of cool blades, I still want a Bushlore from Condor. Also nice knife.

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    I picked up a Mora at the Indy 1500. I didn't really "need" it but really wanted it. Both high carbon and stainless were offered at the show; the carbon steel offering was something I could not pass up. From there, several models were offered. Upon seeing a $10 knife, I knew I was buying something. From there, I looked at the more expensive models and stopped at the $20 offering.

The Mora brand is a bit of a standard for the bushcrafting crowd. Lacking a full tang, it is not the "one tool option" but it is reported to be very capable of everything up to that. Being thick, with a scandi grind, it should be awesome.

I now carry it day in day out. Have used it for some bushcraft tasks as well as opening packages and cleaning my fingernails. Yep, it is very capable.
    Heck of a deal since a quality sheath is included.

Top Bottom