• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norsk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Surprised I haven't seen more discussion of this. Let's say you live in or near the area being searched. Would you folllow instructions and shelter in place or would you leave the area? If you would leave would you take your bug out supplies? If so do you think they could be a detriment- that is might leaving with "military/tactical/survival" gear be seen as suspicious?

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    i would bug in, fortify my house and establish a rotation of those responsible for making the coffee while i stand watch. i know whats in my house, where everything is at, i have no idea where this lunatic is out there and no way am i subjecting myself or my family to risks of being carjacked or caught in crossfire.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wouldn't leave my house if it was here. If I lived in Boston before all this I would have bugged out along time ago. Boston just thinks its still part of America because that's what they are told. All their rights are gone. They don't know what freedom really is anymore. The birthplace if freedom is its grave too. Sad

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I lived in Boston during 9/11. It's a terrible city to try to bug out of. Eliminate the Mass Pike and a couple other roadways and you're never getting out. I walked home from work because the only option besides that was public trans, underground, in a subway. Best bet in Boston is to bug in and pucker and just hope that they don't have a dirty bomb. That's one of many reasons why I don't live there any more.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If i lived in boston i would stay in place. There wasnt a threat to boston, so why leave? If i lived in watertown, there is no chance in hell i would try leaving with police running around looking for a guy with a heavy backpack

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I remember in past threads people sayin it would be impossible for police to block off exits from a city if shtf. Take this instance as a lesson and learn from it people. It's easier for them than you think. There are more Feds, local cops, and national guard than you think and if shtf they will do whatever they want. Be prepared. Have some extra food and water too. Some were saying how even once it was announced people could come out that nothing was open to get gas, food, ect. What if the power and utilities would have been turned off? I hope this forces people to think because they realize how easy it would be to perish or become trapped in the hoard of fleeing people.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    They wanted people to stay in their houses because the police were under a lot of pressure and stress and they didn't want any accidents. Now I want to know why the police don't have better trigger discipline, and make sure of their target before they open fire. Don't the police follow the four rules? And why does it seem I am the only one who is questioning this?

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    I remember in past threads people sayin it would be impossible for police to block off exits from a city if shtf. Take this instance as a lesson and learn from it people. It's easier for them than you think. There are more Feds, local cops, and national guard than you think and if shtf they will do whatever they want. Be prepared. Have some extra food and water too. Some were saying how even once it was announced people could come out that nothing was open to get gas, food, ect. What if the power and utilities would have been turned off? I hope this forces people to think because they realize how easy it would be to perish or become trapped in the hoard of fleeing people.

You are absolutely correct, however you have to remember this was a 20 block radius. Multiple agencies from multiple areas. If it were a shtf scenario nationwide, they would not have as many resources.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You are absolutely correct, however you have to remember this was a 20 block radius. Multiple agencies from multiple areas. If it were a shtf scenario nationwide, they would not have as many resources.

Correct if it were nationwide they would be spread thin. But I still believe they would try or maybe even start shooting people on the street on sight just for wearing backpacks and carrying long guns which is legal even in an emergency situation.

If cops are walking around my neighborhood with guns drawn I'm staying inside and I won't even answer the door for them. Cops have a national average of missing their target many more times than they hit it. I will be barricaded and prepared to take fire.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    A bigger question for me would be ...

I decide to hunker down in my own house. The whole family is proficient in use of arms ... not a SWAT team, mind you but we know enough to not shoot each other, ourselves, or our neighbors. We can fix meals, watch movies, and hang out for a couple days ... generally speaking, we can comfortably and safely wait out the situation.

Now ... there's a knock at the door. It's a SWAT team going door to door to make sure everyone is safe and that the fugitive hasn't taken a family hostage. Am I required to answer the door? If I don't answer the door, will they force entry? Since it is likely that we would be unable to conceal our presence in the house, I would probably answer the door. In which case, will I have to allow them to enter or could I refuse them entry?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They wanted people to stay in their houses because the police were under a lot of pressure and stress and they didn't want any accidents. Now I want to know why the police don't have better trigger discipline, and make sure of their target before they open fire. Don't the police follow the four rules? And why does it seem I am the only one who is questioning this?

Nope I questioned their discipline and poor execution of tactics too but then a local cop (who i do believe is a good cop, not that my opinion matters) ridiculed me and asked when I was going to Boston to teach them the right way. Critisised and attempted discrediment is all you will get for asking questions that point out truths or perceptions based on personal experience or beliefs when it comes to cops, and called the dreaded term "cop basher" by cops and holster sniffers. If you don't support every single fart then you are against them 100% in somes eyes.

I know there were a lot out there who are experts at what they do so I'm not saying ALL the cops were wrong. But some I visibly saw on tv were. I just want it to be clear that I'm not lumping all in the same boat.

Last edited:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I decide to hunker down in my own house. The whole family is proficient in use of arms ... not a SWAT team, mind you but we know enough to not shoot each other, ourselves, or our neighbors. We can fix meals, watch movies, and hang out for a couple days ... generally speaking, we can comfortably and safely wait out the situation.

Now ... there's a knock at the door. It's a SWAT team going door to door to make sure everyone is safe and that the fugitive hasn't taken a family hostage. Am I required to answer the door? If I don't answer the door, will they force entry? Since it is likely that we would be unable to conceal our presence in the house, I would probably answer the door. In which case, will I have to allow them to enter or could I refuse them entry?
    That is the million dollar question.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana

No. Million dollar question or not, you have to take psychology into account.

If you refuse entrance to a specialized and weaponized group on the prowl for a criminal, you WILL no doubt be mentally accused of harboring a threat to their mission, thereby increasing their suspicion and then considering you a potential threat.

Put yourselves in their shoes. You are a SWAT or even Military person searching the residential areas for a terrorist. You knock on the door. You inquire peacefully to search the premises. The homeowner, scared or not, denies entrance. What's the first thing that comes to mind if you were them and see someone with stubborn intent preventing you from doing your job? I could bet that you wouldn't just say "thank you good bye" and turn your back knowing that there is a possibility you were wrong and would also be allowing one to train a gun to your back and those officers you were responsible for.

So with this entire thought process taking a split second to render in your mind, you make an executive decision and press harder for entrance, now becoming more aggressive in tone and outward appearance. The resistance may or may not increase, depending on the homeowner in question, but nevertheless, the show of aggression WILL profoundly increase until you as an officer of the law, are satisfied that you and your team is safe and the mission is allowed to carry on.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but resistance to LEO or Military to conduct searches of your house more than likely will result negatively. And BELIEVE ME! I am extremely stubborn and do NOT wan unauthorized searches of my living quarters. However, in the safety of my family, proper preparedness and protocol adherence can remove the possible negative reaction of LEO/Military finding armed citizens in a private household.

Top Bottom