• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    I really love some of the creativity so many on this forum have, however it is not centralized. I am also on a chevy truck forum a lot and love looking at the different "builds" people have done.

My suggestion is a Build/ Project section with sub headings of:
    1.Knife Builds
    2.Shelter, cabin, or bunker builds.
    3. Accesory builds (holsters, backpacks, belts,sheathings, etc.)
    4. Anything else you can think of.

I would love to see start to finsh projects of board members in an easy to find thread or heading.
    I love new products, but sometimes the best are the things we make ourselves. I know many on the truck forum who make some good side cash off of their creative "builds" or items for a build.:twocents:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Thanks for the recommendation. We are always interested in hearing new ideas. This is similar to one we have talked about before. We are always striving to make things easier/better.

Right now though, the best bet would be to create a single thread maybe labeled how-to or something like that and put them in that thread(inside the appropriate forum for now). It should contain detailed information with video/pictures.

If you aren't talking about sharing that kind of information, then for now, those individual projects that you are describing should just go into the appropriate forum.

We will file this with our other thoughts/idea/requests.

Thank you again for the input.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    It would be cool (and I don't know how easy it would be to do) to have some sort of "tag" or "label" option (my website of reference being Drew Curtis' FARK.com for weird news) and you could search for specific tags, such as "build", "how-to", "legal", "help!", "info", etc.

Just like using the WTT or WTS headers, but in a drop-down or something so everything is spelled the same, labeled the same, and easier to search for.

Just my :twocents:, like I said, not sure how easy it would be to implement since I'm not real familiar with website programming.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Tags are easy to add but most people rarely use them probably because they don't know they exist. You are correct. Tags would make things better for searches. For those who don't know, tags are listed at the bottom of the threads just above the Quick Reply section.

I think the tags would be a better option than the drop down list. Items should be in the correct forum to begin with so just searching in that forum should give you what you need. Now if vBulletin actually had a decent search engine, things would be even better. :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Before we could ever even consider putting up a dedicated forum to such things, we need more INGOers to post up and organize their own build/review threads.

My recommendation has been to always title your threads with a keyword for easier searching. For example "Review: Some camping gear" or "My AR Build"/"New SBR Build"/"Fallout Shelter Build".

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Tags are easy to add but most people rarely use them probably because they don't know they exist. You are correct. Tags would make things better for searches. For those who don't know, tags are listed at the bottom of the threads just above the Quick Reply section.

I think the tags would be a better option than the drop down list. Items should be in the correct forum to begin with so just searching in that forum should give you what you need. Now if vBulletin actually had a decent search engine, things would be even better. :)

Well what I have seen was a tag next to the thread title, not part of the title itself. But yes, following a common convention makes it easier too, but as with most things, getting everyone to do it the same way is like herding cats. Example of a common convention:

How-To: Make a cheap dry-box
    Build: Piston AR-15
    Legal: Kalifornia still delusional, check these new laws!
    Info: Big Sale at Acme!

That way the tag is right up front and easy to spot.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Well what I have seen was a tag next to the thread title, not part of the title itself. But yes, following a common convention makes it easier too, but as with most things, getting everyone to do it the same way is like herding cats. Example of a common convention:

How-To: Make a cheap dry-box
    Build: Piston AR-15
    Legal: Kalifornia still delusional, check these new laws!
    Info: Big Sale at Acme!

That way the tag is right up front and easy to spot.

I like this idea quite a bit. I also like the separate forum listings idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom