• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Save a few hundred more and buy a factory built Adam's Arms EVO pistol , approximately $ 1, 200 .

It's a short stroke piston pistol with a 7 1/2 " barrel , is accurate past 100 yards and runs cleaner than DI and doesn't require a bunch of playing with buffers , springs, etc .

From the factory it runs great , has multiple gas settings, eats anything even crappy steel ammo and shoots awesome suppressed.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    FM products for 9mm. PSA for a 5.56 gun. Primary arms for an optic. $800 will get you a great firearm.

Now is the time to buy!

^^ what Sniper79 said. I put a FM 8" 9mm side charger on a Spikes LRHBO lower and a SparcAR for close to your budget. I think I was over about $30 after the red dot. Then I had to put some upgrades in it of course. Had to have a binary and toe hook brace..

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I actually prefer the KAK Shockwave Brace...but everyone has their own preference and to each their own!
    The upside to the newer SB options, as well as the Shockwave 2.0 is the ability to adjust on the fly. I went with the 2.0 on this build, partially due to the lower cost, but also a lower profile. I'm considering doing a 7.5in build at some point that will likely be getting the SB PDW brace.

For whatever it's worth, the Shockwave 2.0 happens to be what SIG is using on their M400 Tread line of pistols.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    AR9, side charging, folding and no ways near your budget but I couldn't resist posting it up again...

OrNcIuY.jpg

DiAQMj7.jpg

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I went full PSA for my first build, knowing that if I want to upgrade down the line, it's easy enough. Same premise of the OP- budget but functional and reliable. Figure I'm at right around $450, including the Romeo. With that said, if you take your time and shop sales, you should be able to do better than I did.
    49b85ffab2b7a1e7db94760ddf425152.jpg

I've always like "CAR15" style look. I think this might be similar to what I would go for?
    I don't know! I'm always giddy with options when building!

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    :popcorn:

I like my 300BLK pistol. I'd like to put together a 5.56 upper to swap on and off for versatility.

Any experiece with 10-11" name brand barrels? Linear comps? I have a KAW Valley on hand.

I'd like to go with a Midwest Industries 12 1/2" rail, but this extra pistol upper project is quickly getting quite spendy... :spend::spend::spend:

I have zero experience with those as this will be my first pistol build.

That's what I'm afraid of... That it will get real expensive, real fast!

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I've always like "CAR15" style look. I think this might be similar to what I would go for?
    I don't know! I'm always giddy with options when building!
    In terms of form, that's exactly what I was going for, with a few modern twists (optic and the BCM grip).

I do want to add a light- I found a company that makes a mount that attaches to the upper handguard, and places the light at either the 11 o'clock or 1 o'clock position.. of course I'm forgetting the name, but it's a really slick setup.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    How much did the folder set you back?

It's a Law Tactical folding Adaptor. They usually sell for ~$240. Brownells has them at that price and code M8Y will take $20 and shipping off.

The Law folder can be added at any time down the road without any other changes.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Current update on parts and total price:
    1. Stripped Rock River lower - $80.00 ($85.60 with tax)
    2. Sig Romeo 5 - $109.99 ($122.19 with tax)

Total price as of 1/17/2020 - $207.79
    Probably going to wait for a sale to get more parts. Will update soon.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's a Law Tactical folding Adaptor. They usually sell for ~$240. Brownells has them at that price and code M8Y will take $20 and shipping off.

The Law folder can be added at any time down the road without any other changes.

FYI that code is expired.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Follow aimsurplus. I just got a bootleg handguard for 99 and an 11.5 bbl with pinned gas block for less than 250. The bbl is aim branded but it is identically packaged and marked to my ballistic advantage Hansen bbl. Add an aim h4 bcg and 350 covered a huge part of the build

Top Bottom