• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Got myself a cheap 91-30, I'm wondering if any stores in the NE Indiana area (Fort Wayne, maybe?) carry bulk 7.62x54R, and what it might cost. I'm looking to buy 880 (2 tins of 440) for under $200. Any tips? Thanks!

And yes I know all about it being corrosive and what you have to do to clean it - the 91-30 is so easy to tear down and re-assemble I'm pretty sure I could do it in my sleep after just doing it once :3. $1.25+ per round is too expensive to shoot and I'd like to shoot it a lot :).

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I thought I asked this earlier but I must have messed up the post on my cell.

Is all the 7.62x54R bulk in the 440rd tins the corrosive stuff? I thought I had bookmarked some that looked like all the rest but the site claimed it to be non-corrosive.

Thank, Matt

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville

Is all the 7.62x54R bulk in the 440rd tins the corrosive stuff? I thought I had bookmarked some that looked like all the rest but the site claimed it to be non-corrosive.

Thank, Matt

Everything in 7.62x54R I've seen in a tin is corrosive.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Thank, Matt

You can get modern non-corrosive stuff, but it generally comes in 20 rd boxes and is closer to a buck per round.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    You can get modern non-corrosive stuff, but it generally comes in 20 rd boxes and is closer to a buck per round.

Not so, check this out. Only $9.99 a box non-corrosive
    7.62x54r Ammo 148gr FMJ Russian 20 Round Box for sale. Cheap ammo. Bulk ammo.

Or this for a 1000 rounds for $249.99 of non-corrosive
    Ammunitionstore.com - 7.62x39 Ammo 123gr FMJ Russian 1000 Round Case for sale online! Cheap, low, bulk, and wholesale prices!

I would like to use the cheap corrosive ammo and clean the gun good afterwards, but if I can't get the ammo I need I'll buy reloadable ammo then reload to what I need. That is where I'm at now I have a sniper rifle that only likes heavy ball ammo 200 gr. up spitzer boat-tail rounds.
    After shooting this should make some good reloads.
    Ammunitionstore.com - 7.62x54R Ammo 182gr FMJ BT Prvi Partizan 20 Round Box. Cheap ammo. Bulk ammo

Top Bottom