• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I ordered some 1000 round bulk Federal XM193 a while back and just got it delivered the other day. While watching a movie I put it on stripper clips prior to storage and discovered it was short 3 rounds. Now that's not the end of the world but I was wondering if it's a common occurrence as I would imagine they fill the boxes by weight and not an actual count. I figured, if anything, that it would have been over by 1 or 2 rounds so I was surprised to find it under by 3.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I think they count, by weight and dump them in the box......kinda like chips in the bag.

PS, look under your chair.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    3 rounds is not the end of the world... But having said that..... To h**l with all that you paid for 1000rds, and you should get a 1000rds, not 997. Me personally i would call where you bought them and pitch a b***h. Im just fed up with companies not holding up there end of the bargain... You never know they might give you some extra if you pitch b***h. Thats just me though. It isnt the end of the world but that type of stuff just irritates the H**l outa me. Just my opinion.....

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Did you get it at pre sandy hook pricing? If so be happy that you didn't over pay for it, and that they actually shipped it. I have heard of other companies cancelling back orders, because they have figured out they can sell it for much more.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, what is a bit less than $2 worth to you?

Me, I'd complain, just on principle. Ordered 1K, paid for 1K, expect to get 1K, not 997.

If it is a reseller, they may not know they are getting shorted by their supplier.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I think they count, by weight and dump them in the box......kinda like chips in the bag.

PS, look under your chair.

That's the first thing I did. Nada.

Did you get it at pre sandy hook pricing? If so be happy that you didn't over pay for it, and that they actually shipped it. I have heard of other companies cancelling back orders, because they have figured out they can sell it for much more.

Actually, it's from a Brownell's order I placed almost 10 months ago so I got it for $299.99. I'm still waiting on the XM855 portion that's still B/O'd but it was only $169.99 / 500 rounds. How times have changed. :(

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    I've bought several of the 300 round federal boxes in the past, every time it was 1-2 rounds short.

Does that suck, yeah. Is it a big deal, no.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I just spoke with Brownell's and based on what the CSR said Brownell's is responsible for filling/packing the 1000 round boxes and not Federal. Doesn't sound right right to me but she couldn't do basic math either... wound up with $1.05 credit.

Top Bottom