• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    Is there a decent place to buy bullets in North Central Indiana? I buy primers and powder over at Granger Guns, but his bullet prices are fairly high and he doesn't stock them in bulk. I bought 1000 from Midway recently, but I would rather buy local if I can. Either that or steal my neighbors wheel weights :D

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I haven't been there in awhile, but check Len's in South Bend he'e on 31 north just south of Ewing. Could also check Kempf's over in Michagan City. I'll warn you now both are a little wierd,grumpy,smarta$$'s

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I frequent Kempfs In Michigan City. He has a pretty good selection. I buy mostly lead projectiles and they aren't too badly priced. Like it has been said, the old guy can be grumpy but is VERY knowledgeable. If you can talk to his daughter ( blond headed woman), she is nicer and knows as much as the old man.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    This is just another reason to start casting! Make use of those neighbor's wheel weights! ;)

Last I was in Len's he didn't have any reloading supplies. And friend, that guy isn't grumpy, he is flat WEIRD!

Sue Kempf has shot in SASS (?) world wide. She is a really good shot from all I hear. They do have tons of stuff for the reloader too. He stocks the same brand of bullets that Steve does though, SNS.

He does have casting equipment though and like I said above, once those neighbors notice that their wheel is bouncing all over the road, they will get it rebalanced and you will have a few more bullets and they will get it rebalanced and you will have a few more bullets and they will................................you get the idea! ;)

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Skip, I knew it was only a matter of time before you tried to cajole me into casting :laugh: I am very interested in casting, but I am just getting my feet wet in reloading. When I am ready to go down that road I will look you up, I don't believe we live that far from each other and I would be grateful for the any assistance/education I can get.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! From what I am hearing, it would seem I am better off to keep ordering from Midway unless I find a decent gun show (also a rarity up here).

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Skip, I knew it was only a matter of time before you tried to cajole me into casting :laugh: I am very interested in casting, but I am just getting my feet wet in reloading. When I am ready to go down that road I will look you up, I don't believe we live that far from each other and I would be grateful for the any assistance/education I can get.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! From what I am hearing, it would seem I am better off to keep ordering from Midway unless I find a decent gun show (also a rarity up here).

jontz,

I know I come on pretty strong about casting and reloading, I do it because I am trying to be an encourager. I want others in my hobby and hey, I am living proof that anyone can reload. If someone as stupid as I am can reload and keep from blowing up a gun, then you smart fellows will have no problem doing it!

I'm not looking down my nose at anyone that doesn't do either, I know that there are folks that do, I just don't want them to think that THEY can't. THEY CAN! With the right kind of help and encouragement, they can reload and cast. It just ain't that tough to do. People are more educated, more intelligent than our fathers and grandfathers were. Nothing bad said about them, just most of them didn't even graduate from High School and they did both. They did both or they didn't have ammo! And, us smarty pants can do it too!

Some just need a nudge is all, I guess I am a "nudger" if that is a word! ;)

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Skip, I definitely know you mean well and I don't take any offense, nor am I upset. I'd be glad to have you help me when I am ready to go and I appreciate your passion for reloading and casting. You'll probably be tired of me bugging you once I get going on all of this!

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    They do have tons of stuff for the reloader too. He stocks the same brand of bullets that Steve does though, SNS.

The Steve I mentioned here is the owner/operator of Granger Guns. He and Kempf have the same bullets, SNS! ;)

Hopefully, that is clear as mud now! :)

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    SNS is the match sponsor for the Indiana state USPSA match in Warsaw in Aug. Great guys with a great product. order direct.

T/C Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    North of South Bend
    . . . From what I am hearing, it would seem I am better off to keep ordering from Midway unless I find a decent gun show (also a rarity up here).
    There is usually a pretty good selection of bullets, both locally cast and factory, at the Valpo Show (coming up Feb. 18 & 19).

Top Bottom