• Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Ive had both....

The FN FS2000 is an accurate and reliable rifle, but it feels like a tuna under your arm, parts are expensive (and hard to get from FN), has plastic internal parts that have reportedly broken, iron sights are a joke, mag changes take some dedicated training to be perficient with like an AR/AK etc... more expensive rifle.

The MSAR is also a very accurate and reliable weapon which the new ones accept AR mags so thats a huge plus (availibilty and price vs. the old propritary MSAR mags), is a proven design (AUG) esier to field strip and maintain and no cheesy plastic internal parts like the FN.

Hands down I prefer the MSAR, but I would definately pay the extra and get the new Gen. IV that accepts AR mags and get their scope option too, you can get the rail later if you decide on another optic.

Best advice, at least handle both, preferably at the same time for a side by side comparison and then decide, bottom line each has their pluses and minuses and they will both serve you well.... just which you personally prefer.:dunno:

FSSTG006.jpg

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    Thanks,I was looking for you (had seen your posts before) knew you had both and wondered your opinion, MSAR is a bit cheaper also (cost wise) epically if I use a place like buds guns

MSAR is where I am leaning at the moment

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Which is the rifle on top? I see it takes AR mags so it must be the new one. Price on the top rifle?

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    Ive had both....

The FN FS2000 is an accurate and reliable rifle, but it feels like a tuna under your arm, parts are expensive (and hard to get from FN), has plastic internal parts that have reportedly broken, iron sights are a joke, mag changes take some dedicated training to be perficient with like an AR/AK etc... more expensive rifle.

The MSAR is also a very accurate and reliable weapon which the new ones accept AR mags so thats a huge plus (availibilty and price vs. the old propritary MSAR mags), is a proven design (AUG) esier to field strip and maintain and no cheesy plastic internal parts like the FN.

Hands down I prefer the MSAR, but I would definately pay the extra and get the new Gen. IV that accepts AR mags and get their scope option too, you can get the rail later if you decide on another optic.

Best advice, at least handle both, preferably at the same time for a side by side comparison and then decide, bottom line each has their pluses and minuses and they will both serve you well.... just which you personally prefer.:dunno:

FSSTG006.jpg

Thanks for the Tips,

I got an MSAR STG-556 Gen IV (Not E4) went to range on sat, I love the gun.

Only downfall is it doesn't take ar mags, but I wasnt paying another $800 to have that ability.

Ill do pics and range report sometime soon.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Bullpups

I know that you already bought a gun but I read in one of my magazines that Steyer is going to be making the AUG in the US in the not to distant future. So if you ever want the real deal it will be available soon.

Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    I saw that also, unfortunately, that may require more of my real money than this one, lol.

The MSAR is impressive also because it is made here in the US, to boot, I called them and spoke with their gun shop, on the first call.

I did about 150 rds on Sat with no failure, seems all good so far

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    FYI, the Steyr AUG is currently back in production, a US version for those of us who shall not be infringed. It has been available for several months now.

Regardless, the MSAR is a great copy of the real deal, so ENJOY!!!

Top Bottom