• ...and so much more!
  • GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Hey guys,

I work over at Midwest Gun Exchange and got the pleasure of shooting the Kel Tec KSG out at Kingsburry's range this week. It is a very easy gun to handle. The recoil seems to be a little less than a typical 12 gauge pump shotgun and also the muzzle climb isn't as bad. This is a very good candidate for a home defense shotgun. In short, I HIGHLY recommend the gun if your looking for a short combat style shot gun. It would be perfect for police work, self defense and home defense.

KSG Features to note:

1. Easier handling. Its a bullpup configuration, so the weight of the receiver is back at the rear towards your shoulder. It sits nice in your arms. BIG selling point for people with problems having enough upper body strength to manipulate a full size pump shotgun. I let my senior parents handle the gun and they were quite impressed. Being in their late 60s, they felt they were comfortable with it, could manipulate the controls easily.

2. Easy to pump. The unlock lever for the pump is right on the front of the trigger guard it is easily pressed down with your trigger finger. The gun pumps easy too. The one we had pumped easier than my Remington 870.

3. Slightly less muzzle climb than traditional shotgun. The bullpup configuration helps drive the recoil more into your shoulder and there is less muzzle climb as you shoot.

4. Lots of ammo. 14 Shots in two tubes that run underneath the barrel. There is a level which switches between which tube you use.

5. Picatinny Rails already on the gun for accessories. No need to replace forends.

I have a few short videos of us shooting the gun and I tried to get a few close ups of the underside ejection port in operation and also loading the gun. Nothing you probably have not seen in other videos. However, I'll look into getting those posted up in this thread. I'm Adam, if your in the shop I'd be glad to talk about the gun more if you have questions or are interested in getting one when they get into production.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You had best get back on track or not say anything else at all. I guarantee you won't like the outcome if you keep it up
    I am not one to tell people how to raise their children, but I think if you were going to repond at all, you should have done something right there. As Wayne Brady would say "Is VUPDblue gonna hav ta choke a bit**?"

Less talk, more action!

As for the SRM, I thought I liked the 1212 best, but when I compare the specs on the 8 round versus the 16 round. For just 1 more pound in weight and 8" more OAL you can go from 8 to 16 rounds and no NFA needed. I would hope the base price includes at least one of the $200 mags?

I don't see this gun being worth twice the price of a Benelli or three Saigas in the civillian market but great for LEO's who want to mow down flash mobs at the mall....................secretly I admit I want one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The KSG is featured in the new issue of SWAT magazinea.

As well, the KSG will be featured in the latest installment of Call of Duty. The gun will then sell like hotcakes and will be deemed "ultimate".:laugh:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    The KSG is featured in the new issue of SWAT magazinea.

As well, the KSG will be featured in the latest installment of Call of Duty. The gun will then sell like hotcakes and will be deemed "ultimate".:laugh:
    Burt Reynolds and Deliverance sold a ton of bows after the movie ran. Now I guess it is video games. "Its da Ul-tah-mit gun to own"

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The influence of movies (Dirty Harry, inter alia), television (the horse operas) and, now video games (Call of Duty spawning demand for the ACR, KSG, etc.), on the firearms market should be its own thread and a PhD dissertation.:D

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    In a society where a peace loving vegan like Bigfoot sells beef jerky, you have to assume they studied that one long and hard before they launched it.

I know a "Hollywood" armorer, one of the biggest issue is reliability. If the guns don't run, down time costs big money on the set.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I got my hands on the KSG the other day thanks to GeneralCarver there, and this thing is sweet, smooth action, fairly light, felt very manageable, and as for the mag tube selection that people seem to be complaining about, whats the big deal, still easier than reloading a tube or changing a mag and racking a charging handle, so why are people raggin on it?

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I got my hands on the KSG the other day thanks to GeneralCarver there, and this thing is sweet, smooth action, fairly light, felt very manageable, and as for the mag tube selection that people seem to be complaining about, whats the big deal, still easier than reloading a tube or changing a mag and racking a charging handle, so why are people raggin on it?

Because it's different, people are human, and to humans, anything different is bad until they get used to it. In short, human nature.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Im not a big fan of the bullpup design, but I will say "well played" to the marketing department @ Kel-tec. I don't know how much they payed to get this in the game since COD always uses "real military weapons" but they'll have thousands of these things sold before they even hit the store shelves.

Top Bottom