• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Hmmmm. Go Casey!

I've been saying time and again to my FB ninny friends that if we taught our children to stick up for themselves a little more often and meet force with force, we'd have a lot less bullying going on. Maybe even a lot fewer bullies.

ETA: I just watched the video again and I think the punk's leg might have broken when it smashed down on the planter. Watch the way he limps away.

Will-IB-Ready

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Michigan
    ETA: I just watched the video again and I think the punk's leg might have broken when it smashed down on the planter. Watch the way he limps away.

At the very least, he's going to have a heck of a goose egg on it.
    He's lucky he didn't land on his head...
    He'd be in middle school the rest of his life. :n00b:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    tombstone.jpg

He must be an Undertaker fan.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Is it alright to say that I enjoyed that? No, not the fact that children were fighting, but seeing a bully get exactly what he deserved.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Don't see that very often, the puny kid picking on a bigger kid.

Nice job, Casey. Screw the school, you did the right thing.:yesway:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Is it alright to say that I enjoyed that?

If it was wrong, I don't want to be right either.

Did anyone read this from the comments?

More importantly, Casey needs to realize that he can't deal with his issues with blunt force. It's easy to cheer for Casey but it's important that he realizes that this was the wrong way to deal with his issues.

I guess he was supposed to let the kid just punch him in the face until he was done?:n00b:

I don't care that the bully was much smaller...HE was the bully and he instigated it. Even if Casey would have broken his neck, it wouldn't have been anyone's fault but twig boy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Is it alright to say that I enjoyed that? No, not the fact that children were fighting, but seeing a bully get exactly what he deserved.

Anyone with half a brain would look at that video and be able to see "self-defense". The idea behind "zero-tolerance" was that teachers wouldn't be able to tell who was at fault. This video shows it pretty well, though we don't know what led up to the bully's punching Casey in the face in the first place.

All that said, though, any administrator who would suspend a student for defending himself should be placed in the position of having someone attack him as well. "Oh no, you can't defend yourself. You have to set a good example for the kids and just take the beating that's coming to you."

Kinda goes back to my original sentence.

Blessings,
    Bill

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Im actually ok with the zero tolerance policy, and I was suspended in school for a fight I did not start.

It takes away the he said she said and the opportunity for the "star football player" to get away with stuff.

I am glad to see this kid stand up for himself though.

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    Is it alright to say that I enjoyed that?
    :cheers:

Definitely self defense in my opinion. The bully landed one blow and made several other attempted blows before Casey reacted. I think it is terrible that today's kids have to be afraid of punishment for defending themselves. It is sad that this is the point that our society has come to.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Im actually ok with the zero tolerance policy, and I was suspended in school for a fight I did not start.

It takes away the he said she said and the opportunity for the "star football player" to get away with stuff.

Bull****.

I can't think of a situation where the zero tolerance policy is "OK" and this one certainly proves(at least helps) that point.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    From my own experiences growing up, I'll guarantee you that the word spread very quickly that Casey was one kid not to be messed with! Casey might need to fight one more battle to affirm it, and maybe against two or more kids, but defending yourself does often stop the bullying.
    (I wish I knew that before my junior year of high school.)

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I love the comment about fight or flight. If casey were to run away, he would always be running away & looking for ways to avoid the kid's. I say go get em casey.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Bravo Casey! He showed tremendous restraint. He probabaly helped the punk in his maturing process too. If I had my childhood to live over, I would have studied martial arts. I was bullied many times, in all cases the guy was either lots bigger than me, or I was outnumbered.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Bullies know how to game the system. They know that if they play their cards right then they often will not get in trouble for what they do, or the consequences will be minimal, or they simply do not care. The folks who are the least trouble are usually the ones who get in the worst trouble for their actions.

Sadly this carries on to adulthood. If I, as a mostly responsible citizen who has contributed to society far more than I have ever taken, get convicted of some minor crime (which could have been inadvertent) and spend six months in jail, it has far greater consequences on my life than the lowlife who has been in and out of the system all his or her life. So if I defend myself agains a punk in the street who is mugging me and end up shooting them, I can possibly face civil and possible criminal consequences and essentially the rest of my life as I've lived it trying to be an upstanding citizen could be over.

I learned to not trust authority from an early age, starting in school. I never picked fights or picked on people (even verbally), but I often suffered greater consequences for defending myself, and this was before this zero tolerance crap.

Kids need to be taught from an early age that if YOU start it, most of the time YOU will come out the worst for it, and if it is way worse, then you shouldn't have started trouble.

Top Bottom