• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Someone please explain this "bump helmet" fad to me. I am seriously lost on the benefits besides a handful of jobs like a flight medic. Trying not to knock it till i confirm, but it just screams mall ninja to me. Bicycle helmets have been around forever paint them brown and now they tacticool?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Bump helmets for a long time were the only non ballistic comfortable option for individuals wanting to get into night vision. One could either buy a mich, crye, or ops core ballistic from anywhere from 600-1000 dollars, or go for the cheapo bump for much less.

now there are other comfortable options like the crye nightcap that allows for comfortable options for nvg mounting.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Bump helmets for a long time were the only non ballistic comfortable option for individuals wanting to get into night vision. One could either buy a mich, crye, or ops core ballistic from anywhere from 600-1000 dollars, or go for the cheapo bump for much less.

now there are other comfortable options like the crye nightcap that allows for comfortable options for nvg mounting.

I was thinking about NV but was confused if you can pay the 3k for nv you should be able to afford a mich.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Some don't want all the weight of the mich/ach, so they're a good alternative. Helmets provide little above impact protection anyways.

Overwatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2014
    Putnam County
    I don't understand the modern 'bump' helmets. We're not talking 1993 where your choice was heavy brain bucket or light protech.

Nowadays, I have a TC-2001 that is the same coverage as a Team Wendy LTP, has ballistic protection, and is no less comfortable. Maybe the Team Wendy has better air venting. Whopp-t-doo. :)

I just don't get it.

Top Bottom