• aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    losing. one "o"

And if you are siding with Dave and Bombelli, God Bless Your Little Heart

There you go again! You feel the need to nitpick on details that have nothing to do with the argument, its almost an argument coming from the left. I side with a side that can convince me why their side is correct, which they have done a better job, but I have yet to make my own conclusion. ;)

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Not really. There is clear, unmuddled thinking where people actually care about the words they use….particularly when they are criticizing others…and then there is a certain internet-induced schadenfreude that allows any participant to glom onto a subject thread with no real interest other than to bang on the participants.

If you wanted me to take you seriously, you would have sent a pm or email. As it is….God Bless Your Little Heart.

By the way, did you happen to read the entire thread…or just jump in on the last page?

Last edited:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Not really. There is clear, unmuddled thinking where people actually care about the words they use….particularly when they are criticizing others…and then there is a certain internet-induced schadenfreude that allows any participant to glom onto a subject thread with no real interest other than to bang on the participants.

If you wanted me to take you seriously, you would have sent a pm or email. As it is….God Bless Your Little Heart.

By the way, did you happen to read the entire thread…or just jump in on the last page?

And you cared about the words you use? Organization of words and arguments can go into this as well, which you failed to make your choice of words forming an argument compelling in any way. But an internet-induced schadenfreude is something you tried to convict other members of previously, if we get down to it. I have interest in the subject, but have yet to review every fact that I feel could be and is important.

Why would I send a PM or email? Same could be said for yourself… I want to see compelling argument, not "you must be drunk to think the way you do" statements. That is petty and in no way furthers your viewpoint.

Carry on.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Do you get the point that I don't really need your approbation? Move along. Nothing to see here.

You don't other than to gain credibility. That is the only way you get approbation from others and gain supporters. Trying to bask in schadenfreude is not the way to win an argument. :)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, I guess the thread is now just bashing each other.

And I'm the one who supposedly changed topics?

In the beginning, when God created man and animal, he said to the man, "You will have a life of 20 years you will spend playing", and to the cow, He said, "You will have a life of 60 years working in the field." The cow replied, "God, isn't 60 years a long time to work in the field? Can I give back 40 of those years?" "Yes you may." The He said to the monkey, "You will have a life of 20 years spend performing tricks." The monkey replied, "God, 20 years is a long time to spend doing tricks. I would like to give back 10 of those years." "You may." The, He said to the dog, "You will have a life of 20 years spent barking." The dog said, "Twenty years is a long time to spend barking. I would like to give back 10 of those years." "You may." The man then asked, "God, can I have the 40 years the cow gave back, the 10 years the monkey gave back, and the 10 years the dog gave back?" God then replied, "You may have them." This is why we spend 20 years playing, 40 years working in the field, 10 years doing monkey tricks for grandchildren, and 10 years sitting on the front porch barking at people.

There are times when I suspect someone (think maritime mammal) has reached the point of having been outgrown by his grandchildren.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Nah. This was about Bundy and that's why I got on this thread. The personal stuff? Doesn't bother me. I learned in 8th grade that you are probably never going to see your classmates again, so why care what they think about your clothes, or your hair, etc.?

I've said my piece on Bundy and I think the latest revelations from the media bear out my point of view. And there have been satisfactory xref's to the constitution to keep the strict constructionists at least thinking a bit about what it says and means. And if any of them read the Federalist papers, they have assented that constitutional construction is not always literal. Only idiots take things literal (and I make no exception for biblical "scholars").

So, have a nice day. This thread has jumped the shark and my boredom light is blinking. Come up with another new and interesting topic and I may be back. But not on this thread.

Good night and God Bless Your Little Hearts.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This will go well...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/u...the-law-becoming-a-hero-in-the-west.html?_r=0

"The Nevadan rancher in trouble with the federal government for grazing his cattle on federal lands without paying the proper fees is speaking out as what he sees are issues involving minorities and welfare. Cliven Bundy, the 67-year-old rancher whose standoff with federal rangers made him a Fox News star, told reporters Wednesday, “I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he started, and went on to complain about how he thinks they just sit on their porches all day. “And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he wondered. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy?” Rand Paul, who has previously expressed support for Bundy, said in a statement, "His remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him.""

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Why oh why Mr. Bundy? Now the media gets to paint everyone involved as gun toting racists. All political or media support he had is now running for the hills.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I believe I understand the point the man was trying to make, albeit his manner of expressing it is undeniably rather distasteful.

In any case, I just got off the phone with the Bundy Ranch.

I'll be spending some time this weekend at the NRA Meeting with some of my old cronies from my NRA Board days. Sunday evening I'm Nevada bound.

Despite any personal shortcomings that Mr. Bundy may have, the constitutional issues remain the same. And even if he's an asshat he and his family don't deserve to be WACOed.

I'm sure I'll return with much information of interest to us here. Wish me luck..I'm getting pretty damned old to drive over the Rockies so I can go sleep with rattlesnakes.

Top Bottom