Burgular caught by neighbor down the street while I am stiting her typing on ING

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Holy Hell. That's only about 4 miles from my house. I'm up here by the prison. This is the first of this stuff I've heard of. The most excitement I've seen here are just medical emergency calls.

What I'm getting from you guys are that burglaries and related crime are up in the area? I'm assuming nobody was home when the guys broke in?

This has my spidey senses up. My wife and daughter are home alone during the day. At least I can say, there's a loaded .357 Mag Colt Python within easy reach by the front door and a loaded 12 gauge Pardner Protector upstairs, and she knows how to use both.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Holy Hell. That's only about 4 miles from my house. I'm up here by the prison. This is the first of this stuff I've heard of. The most excitement I've seen here are just medical emergency calls.

What I'm getting from you guys are that burglaries and related crime are up in the area? I'm assuming nobody was home when the guys broke in?

This has my spidey senses up. My wife and daughter are home alone during the day. At least I can say, there's a loaded .357 Mag Colt Python within easy reach by the front door and a loaded 12 gauge Pardner Protector upstairs, and she knows how to use both.

This is due south of prison, just across 70.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Yeah just a couple miles down Moon Rd from me. I told my buddy that lives out that way about this incident. He said several of his neighbors have be robbed over the years but none recently. Don't these idiots know that people with land or farms always have guns and dogs? Idiots :dunno:

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Talking to neighbours today and found out another house just down the street was robbed a month ago. They were cleaned out. It is time for us to have another neighbourhood crime watch meeting and maybe this time do a little target practice. Everyone out this way has guns.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Talking to neighbours today and found out another house just down the street was robbed a month ago. They were cleaned out. It is time for us to have another neighbourhood crime watch meeting and maybe this time do a little target practice. Everyone out this way has guns.

But they have to be home to use them. :(

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Indiana doesn't have a breaking and entering law. Residential Entry covers what you are talking about. It becomes burglary when you enter with intent to commit a felony, not just another crime.

If you did a residential entry to punch someone and run off, that would be Residential Entry and battery, but not burglary.

Not sure how you operate in your home, but if someone did a residential entry to punch me in the face, it would be justifiable homicide...

Any person(s) entering my home with intent to do me or mine harm should expect that it will be the last door they walk through.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    good story with a happy ending! mmmmm, I like happy endings...oh wait! wrong forum sorry. carry on. ;)

Well done to the farm boy. neighbors should have a meeting and a watch group organized.

BRILEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I must regretfully admit that I grew up in the "general area" (Kentucky Ave), and there are a TON of people I went to school with that fell off the deep in, into hard core drugs, in and out of jail, hell my best friend that I grew up with since 4th grade is one of them! I don't know what it is about that particular area that breeds these quality members of society (sarcasm), but it produces a significant amount of them.

Sorry to hear you've been dealing with so many break-ins in your area, at least you're aware and know to be looking out, better to be prepared and never have to take action that to not be prepared and have action take you!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    :rockwoot:

Having once been a good ole farm boy (before being trapped in this cess pool) I can imagine the sight.

Silly city denizens have NO clue about the craziness, that is ingrained from birth, of us country boys.

I have said for years that you could take one of us "country rednecks" and drop us (armed of course) into a "Hell's Kitchen" suburban area and we would be fine. Drop a "City Slicker" gang member into the center of my woods at night and they would **** themselves!

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I must regretfully admit that I grew up in the "general area" (Kentucky Ave), and there are a TON of people I went to school with that fell off the deep in, into hard core drugs, in and out of jail, hell my best friend that I grew up with since 4th grade is one of them! I don't know what it is about that particular area that breeds these quality members of society (sarcasm), but it produces a significant amount of them.

Sorry to hear you've been dealing with so many break-ins in your area, at least you're aware and know to be looking out, better to be prepared and never have to take action that to not be prepared and have action take you!

I grew up in a neighbourhood in Indianapolis that went bad as well. Fortunately my family got out before I turned into a total sh**. I learned from the experience and decided to raise my family further out in the country. There is nowhere you can go these days to totally get away from crime. A lot of inner city burglars have to do their business out in the country. They are not use to neighbours that actually look out and care for each other.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I'm waiting for the police to charge confinement for the young man blocking their escape, or pointing a loaded firearm. :dunno:

I was wondering when someone might say something about that. We do things a little differently here. After the guys were caught, they were the ones that needed protecting, not the neighbours. The burglars were lucky they did not wind up hanging in a tree or buried in one of the many fields out here. The BG realised this because they also called 911.

I don't think farm boy was aiming his shotgun at them. He was aiming at least an inch to the left or right of their head!

Top Bottom