• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    So I am looking at a low-mid budget red dot to try on a shotgun or mini. I found a Burris FastFire II with picatinny rail on sale for $189.
    Was also considering the FastFire III that I find around $230. Both have strong reviews.

Realizing these models have been out for a few years, how do these sound? I don't have any experience with red dots and input is welcome.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I switched to the FF IIIs and haven't looked back. Simple things like click adjustments and top-loading battery may not be worth the cost to some, but to me they make all the difference.

If you shop some and have time to be patient, you should be able to get a FF III for $200-220 with the standard mount & under $200 w/o mount.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have the ff3 on my 44mag handgun. It has held up to 500 rounds. The battery cap needed replacing because the threads are so fine. Lifetime warranty covered it for free.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I have the FFIII on a Speed Bead mount on my 870 Wingmaster Magnum, and have been very happy with it. I've had the FFII, and I really prefer the adjustments and battery compartment of the III.

vernw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Dallas now born Indy
    I love my III. Only issue was getting to the control button with fat fingers so I got out a larger notch in the plastic snap on hood and problem solved!

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The III's are a nice red dot for the money. I purchased one in the winged type mount. It has done everything I need it to do and does it quite well.

Top Bottom