• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bret B

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Just bought a bushmaster carbon 15 seems to be a decent gun does anyone have an opinion on these. Seems more like my m&p 15-22 than my ar.

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    I have one. So far it has been reliable and has been quite accurate. With the prices of AR-15's right now though I'm tempted to sell it and buy a Daniel Defense once the prices come back down.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ive heard their fine guns, but i'm not buying into them.
    a lot of their parts are proprietary, meaning your carbon-15 is incompatible with say, a bushmaster trigger group - i don't know which parts exactly, but I don't like the idea of that.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I spoke to Bushmaster recently as the bolt in my Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 became a 2 piece part. Bushmaster person told me they don't have any replacement parts left for the original Carbon 15 from Pro-Ord, but they have re-engineered the rifle to be able to use standard AR-15 parts and for several hundred dollars would update mine.

Bushmaster spent a lot of time on the Carbon 15 after they bought it from Pro-Ord (or how ever they got it) and made it so that if something does break you can easily replace it with standard parts. From what they told me it was not cheap, but it was worth it.

I enjoyed my Pro-Ord Carbon 15 until the bolt broke and is not replaceable, and have to tell you that if the Bushmaster is as accurate and fun to shoot as my oldie, then add that it now uses standard AR-15 parts, you will really enjoy your new Bushmaster.

To verify, your bolt should have the standard square cut lugs like any AR-15 where the original Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 had round lugs. Can't use a standard AR-15 bolt in the Pro-Ord rifle, nor will the round lug bolt fit the standard AR-15 barrel.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I've had mine for about two years.
    It's the redesigned model with the flat top accessory rail, the FBA, and the dust cover.
    So far no FTF's.
    No issues.

Bret B

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Thanks for the info do you know when they made the change. i will take a look at mine tonight and see what the bolt looks like . thanks again

RGR12

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Bushmaster has always put good rifles out. If it does what you want it to do then you have a good gun.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Just got home from Dunhams in Richmond. They were unboxing this .223/5.56 NATO piece when I got there. I figured I couldn't go wrong at $MSRP. Looking forward to modifying it and comparing to my older XM-15 Patrolmans Carbine which has functioned flawlessly. Dangit! I forgot to pick up the ammo cans I went in for in the first place!
    get-attachment.aspx

Top Bottom