• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Wife was out of town so I got his and hers XD MOD 2s. When she got back I took her to get a 9mm. She has wanted one for awhile. My money was on a Glock 34 Gen4, but she went with an M&P 9 Performance CORE. Ported barrel and all. I was about to ask her if she could find a more expensive one, but thought better of it. Range report to follow. Got it at ZX Guns in Ft. Wayne. Ordered optics from A&A.
    Keeping the money in Indiana.
    View attachment 37452 View attachment 37453

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Looks like she's RMR ready if she decides to go that route.

Got back from the range about 2 hrs ago. Observations: Like the M&P. Ported barrel helps with the recoil, feel in her hand was the best. Liked the MOD 2 9mm. Fiber optic sight, back of slide routed out a bit helped with racking. Lots of bullets, small form factor. Said the MOD 2 .45 recoil was bad after 2 or 3 mags. Still hates my Beretta. Refused to shoot my newly purchased K31 Swiss rifle. She is prior military so if it's a black rifle we're good, anything else is a different matter. She is still getting used to handguns. The whole idea behind the optics is to make it more fun. She shot expert at basic, so it should be the same with handguns right? I told her pistols are pistols and rifles are rifles. Not the same thing. Once you get on the paper, working your way toward that bull is the next stop. She mentioned shooting trap. I'm thinking 3 gun, but baby steps. Right now we are at the fun stage. Speaking of fun, I told her she now has the best pistol, so it's only fair if I get an M1A. She agreed. Life is good.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Cost is irrelevant. What the wife wants the wife gets. Nice choice on the M&P

If my wife said she wanted a Wilson Combat and was willing to learn it to save her life, I'd sell a few long guns to afford it... Money is not (and never should be) the issue at hand. Her ability to put multiple good hits, on target, quickly and willingness to train to accomplish this goal is what matters, IMO.

M&P is a great family and I've seen more and more students (novice shooters / 1st time owners) go that route. I enjoy several different types, including the XD Mod 2, but I currently have an M&P 9mm 4.25 on my hip.

PS - She sounds like a possible keeper... LoL

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    PS - She sounds like a possible keeper... LoL

Yeah, after more than a quarter century I think I will keep her. The words everyone here speaks are true. If she likes the gun, she will shoot more and improve. The more she shoots, the more accurate she will be. The best way to get your girl a gun, is to take her with you and let her pick it out. I asked the guys at ZX if we could look at a glock 34 gen 4, they were the ones that suggested the M&P. Once she had it in her hands, we were done. Having a relationship with a LGS cannot be underestimated. M&P wasn't on my radar, but after shooting that gun, I have a few things to think about.

Strug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    West Indy
    I wish my wife was more receptive of me buying her a firearm. Trying to pick a pistol without her present may be tricky.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Wife was out of town so I got his and hers XD MOD 2s. When she got back I took her to get a 9mm. She has wanted one for awhile. My money was on a Glock 34 Gen4, but she went with an M&P 9 Performance CORE. Ported barrel and all. I was about to ask her if she could find a more expensive one, but thought better of it. Range report to follow. Got it at ZX Guns in Ft. Wayne. Ordered optics from A&A.
    Keeping the money in Indiana.
    View attachment 37452 View attachment 37453

YOUR wife has EXECELLENT taste !!!!!

Top Bottom