• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    I have been planning on buying an ar for awhile. I finally have the money saved to do it. My question is, with the tragedy today, and if a ban passes, will I be wasting my money? Will it be impossible to keep?, to get ammo? Forgive my ignorance, I just don't know the answers.

jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    You a troll Jason?

no sir. As far as long guns go, I only have guns I hunt with. I also have a few pistols. I have shot my buddies ar a time or two, and now I want one. I'm not sure which one to buy. If money were no object, that would be one thing. I'm budget minded. Also a bit nervous buying one at this particular time.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I think the possibility of a ban is a reason to go buy one, not a reason to not buy one. I'm not trying to contribute to the panic buying but if they make it so you can't purchase these rifles I want to already have one in my possession which is partly why I recently picked up a Colt LE6920.

I'm really hoping ECPR gives me a place to shoot it :D

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I was planning on building one and I'm still on the fence. But moreso I just can't spare the extra cash right now for the lower. The boss would kill me if I bought a toy before I finished her new bedroom.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Until yesterday, I would have said to buy one. Now I'm not so sure. I strongly doubt that firearms like an AR will ever be confiscated. However, I can now see a scenario where scary-looking guns can't be bought, transported, or shot at public ranges. If you can't take it to the range, and you don't have enough property to shoot it, what good is having one?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Please do not take this the wrong way but if you can't see the good in having one, you don't need someone else to tell you why you need one, just don't get it.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Until yesterday, I would have said to buy one. Now I'm not so sure. I strongly doubt that firearms like an AR will ever be confiscated. However, I can now see a scenario where scary-looking guns can't be bought, transported, or shot at public ranges. If you can't take it to the range, and you don't have enough property to shoot it, what good is having one?

What good to have one? Maybe for protection which is what they r designed for!!:rockwoot:

MP43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Rochester
    I grew up with my dad owning several of them and the funny thing was my dad always said his guns was not his home defense weapon. He kept bats, had a dog and his fists for home defense and his guns he had for personel pleasure like hunting and going to the range with friends and family and when done he always kept them locked up. Before he passed he got rid of all his guns because he didnt want none of his kids to look at them in any other way than that. So i guess everyone has their own feelings and thoughts. I dont say i totally agreed with my dad but just a little to ponder on.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Just to make something Clear.

IF there were to be an AR Ban, can they ban the sale of all parts or just the Lower.
    Just because you get your background check for that part only.

USAMP1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    I'm gonna be frank:
    Yes you should buy one.. and you should buy a quality one to last.
    The 2nd Amendment is not in the Constitution for hunting or home-defense alone.
    It is there to stop a tyrannical government from doing whatever they please... like England did (tried to do) to the colonist.
    Worrying about a ban equals YES in my book.

I am not trying to incite anything... I am simply reminding people what it means to be an American.

"He who would trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither..." - Ben Franklin

"If tyranny and oppression ever come to this land, it will be under the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - John Adams

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I don't think most people know what it means to be American anymore. Most don't have the appreciation for the rights we do have and a high percentage are willing to trade liberties for the false sense of security.

Personally, I don't want to rely on the Police to save my ass in a bad situation because chances are they won't be here in time. We've only got one life. There are no do overs and I'd rather live my life and not use my guns then need them and not have them.

JDvader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Evansville, IN
    I imagine this will play out just like the 90's. They will try to restrict sales of high capacity mags and assault weapons. They won't confiscate, they will restrict and make it harder for you to buy one in the future.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Please do not take this the wrong way but if you can't see the good in having one, you don't need someone else to tell you why you need one, just don't get it.

Good point!

"Why should I own this?" If you want one because society says they are scary and the cause of mass killings but you have no other motovation to own one then don't bother. That seems to fit the definition of Taboo. So if before you heard about mass killings the AR-15 style rifle had no appeal to you but now its all over the media coverage you want one. The threat of big gov enacting laws to against these devices is making them Taboo and so now certain folks who never had a desire to get one and all of a sudden buying them all up. This is panic buying and inflated prices. Supply and demand.

You claim you've been saving up for a while for one. Then you've reached your goal so buy one (even right now when prices contiune to climb). Nobody knows the answers about LAWS that HAVE NOT been written yet.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    They won't be taking them away from people that already own them if anything happens.

At most, they'll restrict access to buying new ones.

And remember, in Indiana, you don't need any paper trail for face to face, Indiana resident to Indiana resident firearm transactions. Which essentially means they have no record of who has what. Even if you bought one, all you have to do is say "I've got no idea where it is. I sold it to some IN resident a while back."

If you've been wanting one and have the money saved up, get it. Obama has been looking for opportunities to put in another ar ban, and he'll probably be pushing for one soon.

mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    AR 15

I have two,one I built and a armalite with a 20'' barrell,I love them both and plan on keeping them,my son who is in South Korea has one also,we built it together for him,he is in the Army and he and I both love to shoot.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    They are talking about taking them, they want it to "be illegal to transport, sell, or possess any high capacity magazines" If we can't have them, we will have to turn them in. It was Sen. Dianne Feinstein, she is introducing a bill, they are going to try for as much as they can get.

Top Bottom