• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    I am about to purchase a glock 23. I dont know if i should just stick with the gen 3 or try the gen 4. We all have heard a few people complain about the gen 4 but....I love the way the gen 3 feels, the gen 4 is rougher and a tad smaller with no strap. But that recoil spring scares me.

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Each to there own. I say get what you want that way you feel better about what you bought. I have both gen 3 and 4 . Both are the same gun but i like the gen 4 better .Just my :twocents:

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Think you answered your own ?. If you love the feel of the Gen 3 go with the Gen 3. I own a Gen 3 23 and love it. Im not a fan of the Gen 4's at all.

joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    My first and only handgun is the gen 4 glock 23, so i don't really have anything to compare it to.... but, i love it. feels great in my hand because i have a little smaller hands and can get a great grip on it. i've put a couple hundred rounds through it with no problems so don't really know what the hype is about these gen 4's.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Think you answered your own ?. If you love the feel of the Gen 3 go with the Gen 3. I own a Gen 3 23 and love it. Im not a fan of the Gen 4's at all.

This. If you love the gen 3 g23 then get the gen 3. Plus you can pick it up a little cheaper which means your first couple boxes of ammo would be kind of free.:draw:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Gen.4

Just my :twocents:, but I have had a Gen.4 G22 for about 16 months now. As of last week I have put slightly over 6000 rounds of various brands and bullet weights through it (mostly Fed. Champ. and WWB 180 and 165gr.) Never a single issue whatsoever. No FTF's FTE's, stovepipes, brass to the face or any other issue that I have heard some of the folks complaining about. Mine is one of the early Gen.4's without the recess in the nose of the slide too. From everything I have heard in the last couple of years here and on the Glock forums such as Glock Talk and Glock Pro all of the issues were with the 9mm models. The Gen.4 .40's have had no problems and that has been my experience too. I also have several Gen.3's and they too have been flawless. I think you will be pleased no matter which one you buy. :)

PS: Also have a little over 100 rounds of my self def/carry ammo (180gr. Gold Dot) through it also flawless.

Last edited:

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I love the GEN 3. Has the thumbswells, and finger grooves I like and none of the harsh serrations. I am pretty jealous of the GEN. 4's extended magazine release. With that I can drop the mag without rotating the pistol in my hand: nice.

EXLINE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Hendricks Co.
    I have been leaning toward the gen 3, but then i am like well i might as well get the gen 4 since it is the latest and greatest. I do prefer the feel of the gen 3 though so i might as well go with that. plus mags will be easier to find and some things are compatible with the 4.

longshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Fishers
    I've heard way more negative comments about gen 4's than I have gen 3's. I have a gen 3 23, and have never had issue one from it. Just my :twocents:. Either way, they are great pistols....

Terry Barker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Have a gen 4 19 and 23....no problems whatsoever....my son and I use them for IDPA and have over 5000 rds thru each gun. I also have gen 2,3 they all run any ammo all the time. Get the one you feel fits you better.....you won't be disappointed.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Go with what feels best to you. Both are great it is just personal prefference.

I personally do not like the gen 4 at all. I actually prefer the gen 2 the best. If you are a lefty then I understand why the gen 4 is the way to go since you can reverse the mag release. Good luck with your decision, but you really can't go wrong either way as long as you go with what feels best to you.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I have a Gen 4 and love it but if you like the 3rd get it, Why are you scared about the recoil spring? If you call Glock and give them your serial number they can run it and determine if your gun needs a new one, and if so they will send you a new one

Top Bottom