• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    OK I have searched high and low around here for a week. I made the decision but I am a bit weary about buying on line but that seems to be the only source to locate what I am looking for. It appears I can order from Buds or Kentucky Gun Company. Both offer free shipping is one any better than the other?

Thanks

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Of those two dealers I would recommend Kentucky Gun Company. You can also try using Gun Watcher. Search for the model of gun you're looking for and it will show you all the online stores that have it and their prices.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    You might also go to your favorite LGS and tell them what you are looking for. Give them the chance to find it and shoot you a price. You may be surprised.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've used KYGunCo 2-3 times and they're fine.

I second the suggestion of using Gun Watcher to check for prices. But sometimes they don't pick up some deals. I don't seem to have the same satisfactory results using WikiArms but others seem to be OK with them.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    I like Buds, but I have never dealt with Kentucky Gun Company. Got a great deal. I was told that Bud's is so big that the smaller guys can't come close to their prices. I couldn't find anyone locally that could compete or match their prices so I bought it. With free delivery and a $15 transfer fee, I was $50 under what anyone locally could come close to. Great customer service as well. That means a lot these days.

TCLe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    West Lafayette
    A few of my local friends have had issues with Bud's so I've steered away from them. Though from what I remember it had to do with their customer service on the off chance things go wrong. I haven't had any issues personally so take what I said with a grain of salt. I would recommend J&G Sales or Centirefire Systems though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Based on my limited experience I would rate KYGunCo over Bud's. Once received a gun from Bud's that had an obvious external blemish and it was apparent that the gun had been shipped and returned at least once before they sold it to me and no corrective action was taken at the warehouse. Also if you decide on Bud's check with your chosen FFL as some LGSs don't like doing business with them

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've used KYgunco without any problems, never used Bud's. Like Snipercop, most of the guns I've purchased online have been at least $50 savings over the same gun in LGS's.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    You might also go to your favorite LGS and tell them what you are looking for. Give them the chance to find it and shoot you a price. You may be surprised.

Tried that, went to my former LGS in the middle of the day day were not busy at all basically said we don't have it they wouldn't even call over to their other location which is a little over an hour away. I left called them.... Yeah we have one its $..... Me can you transfer it to your other store so I don't have to drive for three hours round trip? No we don't do that. Is there any room for negotiation on the price? Nope

Online it is

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Tried that, went to my former LGS in the middle of the day day were not busy at all basically said we don't have it they wouldn't even call over to their other location which is a little over an hour away. I left called them.... Yeah we have one its $..... Me can you transfer it to your other store so I don't have to drive for three hours round trip? No we don't do that. Is there any room for negotiation on the price? Nope

Online it is

That's unfortunate. I doubt that a brick and mortar gun store can survive in the future without providing superb customer support. The online prices just blow them out of the water.
    I always give my favorite lgs a chance to locate and quote a price, then I tell him what I found it for on line (he probably knows that's coming next anyway lol). Sometimes he simply tells me that I should buy it on line, other times he offers his best price and it's good enough. I don't mind at all paying a little more to the local guy for his effort and to help make sure he continues to exist, but they need to show he wants my business too.

I've only used Bud's for online gun purchases. No complaints other than the time from payment to shipping was way too long.

Good luck to you, and find yourself a new favorite gun shop.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Can't recommend Bud's. I've ;purchased 2 guns from them, one with no issues, except slow shipping, and the last one was not what the web site said it was; took 2 months to get my refund, never again.

Don't know about Kentucky Gun Co.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    What is it that you're wanting to buy? I'd ask around at local sources first.
    I purchased 4 pistols from Buds (all at once), no problem. Fast shipping. Good deal.
    If you do use Buds or another online dealer, make sure your local shop will accept transfers from them and verify their fee FIRST!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    What is it that you're wanting to buy? I'd ask around at local sources first.
    I purchased 4 pistols from Buds (all at once), no problem. Fast shipping. Good deal.
    If you do use Buds or another online dealer, make sure your local shop will accept transfers from them and verify their fee FIRST!
    I

I received a nice bonus so I have been given the ok to buy a Vbob.

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    I just made my first online purchase. Put gun in my cart, selected ffl, paid with cc, then went to ffl after they received my gun,filled out 4473,paid transfer fee and walked out with new rifle. It was quite easy. I used Grabagun.

Top Bottom