• ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    A few days ago I was able to order 5 boxes of 300 BLK at BP, then went to Cabela's and ordered 5 more and back to BP for another 5. The first BP order and Cabela's shipped. Still waiting to see if the second BP order will ship.

Last edited:

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Is the online inventory even a good representation of what’s in a local store? I have a Bass Pro Shop near me, but I’d rather avoid taking the trip to the store just to see what/if they have ammo in-stock, especially during the pandemic.

I suppose a good old-fashioned phone call very now and then would be the best bet for now?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Is the online inventory even a good representation of what’s in a local store? I have a Bass Pro Shop near me, but I’d rather avoid taking the trip to the store just to see what/if they have ammo in-stock, especially during the pandemic.

I suppose a good old-fashioned phone call very now and then would be the best bet for now?
    You're going to have to.

The most charitable interpretation of this move is that they're trying to force people to come into their stores, look forlornly at the empty ammo shelf, then shuffle around and buy something else.

Or, you know, they're just getting out ahead of the online sales ban they know is coming.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

Well when your savior Uncle Joe bans online ammo sales then you'll have no choice but to drag your lazy *** to the store (if they're still around)

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    If customer traffic in the Noblesville location is any indicator, most shoppers ordering through the website are either hoarding(similar to what happened with toilet paper) or flipping the ammunition. The way I overheard the ordering system off of the Cabelas website explained to a customer, orders that come in on the website are prioritized over ammunition shipments that get sent to our store. In these times, it only makes sense to eliminate the ability to order firearms & ammunition through the website. In times of limited availability, you are saving the firearms/ammunition for your retail locations.

Last edited:

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    They actually had ammo in stock online?

They've had a 5 box limit since at least June
    You are correct, although, the 5 box limit is only for 9mm, 223, and 5.56. It is also per caliber, per customer, per day. So, husbands and wives could each come in and buy their limit on these three calibers. I just noticed the other day that Cabelas is now limiting shotgun ammunition purchases on their website. So, in the Noblesville retail location, the only limits currently are on the three calibers I mentioned but are subject to be changed at any time.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    If you're talking La Porte then yep in the spring. They are already doing stuff inside the old Kmart.
    What's going in place of the old K-Mart? A Rural King?
    If customer traffic in the Noblesville location is any indicator, most shoppers ordering through the website are either hoarding(similar to what happened with toilet paper) or flipping the ammunition. The way I overheard the ordering system off of the Cabelas website explained to a customer, orders that come in on the website are prioritized over ammunition shipments that get sent to our store. In these times, it only makes sense to eliminate the ability to order firearms & ammunition through the website. In times of limited availability, you are saving the firearms/ammunition for your retail locations.
    Well, if this gets ammo more available to those that aren't sniping from online, I won't complain. Is there any pattern or tips/guidance on when to check in-store for stock?

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    What's going in place of the old K-Mart? A Rural King?

Well, if this gets ammo more available to those that aren't sniping from online, I won't complain. Is there any pattern or tips/guidance on when to check in-store for stock?
    Well, truck schedules are proprietary and I can't reveal specific information about when they arrive at the store. With that said, ammunition shipments are totally random and the decision on what to send us is made much higher than I. In these times, it is not as regular as the customer thinks. As the ammunition comes in, we have moved to placing it on a green cart and pushing it to the floor where customers pounce on it until it is all gone. I would recommend that you come ready to buy ammunition and if you are lucky enough to be there when the cart comes out, get what you want without hesitation because it will not last long.

Customers continually pump us for information all day long as to when our next shipments come in. We don't know. Customers will lean on the shelves and watch us work hoping to figure when we get our shipments. Please, don't do that because it would be a waste of your time. Customers also have said to me that the reason shelves are empty is because store Outfitters are holding it back and buying it all for ourselves. I assure you that does not happen. Compared to amount of ammunition that we get in, we buy very little of it and we have to abide by the same limits you do as customers.

Just like with the toilet paper rush back in the spring of 2020, people descend on the green cart and they are grabbing what they want like crazy. The cart is usually clear of ammunition in just a few minutes.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In my mind, this was the beginning of the end. Why would anyone replace the coolest store east of the Mississippi with a glorified TSC? And I was only at the Carmel one, not Plainfield.
    Too bad Rusted Moon Outfitters isn’t a gun store too.
    I'd bet you lunch that owner voted for Biden. Based on what he sells, where he sells it, etc.

If he isnt, I'd be shocked as hell.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I'd bet you lunch that owner voted for Biden. Based on what he sells, where he sells it, etc.

If he isnt, I'd be shocked as hell.
    I’d take that bet.

CHEESEBURGERS ON THE CAMERAMONKEY EVERYBODY!!

Ok seriously, not sure, but years ago had a conversation with him about guns as I was looking at the knives. Wasn’t an anti then if memory serves but things change too.

It’s just smart business to sell high end stuff to cool rich people, in a cool atmosphere, knowing they’ll get bored and come back for more, doesn’t make him a lib.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’d take that bet.

CHEESEBURGERS ON THE CAMERAMONKEY EVERYBODY!!

Ok seriously, not sure, but years ago had a conversation with him about guns as I was looking at the knives. Wasn’t an anti then if memory serves but things change too.

It’s just smart business to sell high end stuff to cool rich people, in a cool atmosphere, knowing they’ll get bored and come back for more, doesn’t make him a lib.
    No, not everybody gets a burger, just you. ;)

But Im sure he doesnt volunteer that info to his typical granola crowd. Given the location and goods sold strikes me as a liberal elite REI type paradise that the only killing that is ok is fishies for eating. Or maybe throwing them back as long as they arent hurt too much.

Glad to hear we have a sane businessman in the heart of BR.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I don't do any shopping at Cabela's or Bass Pro, but do remember not long ago their online ordering/inventory/supply chain software was a dumpster fire, and lots of people were exploiting some overlooked URLs to load up on 9mm for cheap. With the Sportsman's acquisition, I wonder if this lack of online ammo for purchase is at least partially to improve consistency across all three websites.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Last Monday, my nephew texted me that the Cabelas/Bass Pro in Noblesville had primers in stock. Got it from their website. Wife tried to call them twice and each time she was disconnected when she chose an option in their automated answering system. We were going north anyway so we stopped by. I told the guy at the gun counter about their website indicating they had primers in stock. He said they hadn't seen primers for months and I should never believe info on the website.

Top Bottom