• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Just returned. Nice store, lots of stuff, big selections in just about every area. Busy already this morning, kids seemed to love the displays and parents taking lots of pictures of them.

Bargain Cove or whatever that was in the back of the store had some good deals on marked down or returned merchandise...but nothing I couldn't live without.

Took a list of six things I wanted to get (targets, cleaning brushes, spotting scope, etc). Prices were high, sometimes much higher than online prices. Ammo prices were good but not great; lots of .22LR still there for anybody searching.

Walked out with nothing. Will wait for 1500 show this weekend and get rest online.

Last edited:

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    So I was back in there tonight to pick up more 22LR ammo and I learned 2 things. First is that they have a ton of 22LR in the back but only stock the shelves once a day, so get there early if you want a brick of 500. The other thing I learned is that they will let you buy 2 boxes of 325 rounds of Federal brand despite their posted limit of 500. So instead of walking out with 500 rounds I got 650. It came out to be .007 cents more per round than the 500 round brick, but considering the gas I burned to get there I really don't mind. Better than walking out empty handed or with just 325.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    still can't bring myself to pay that much for 22, and they are not flying off the shelf either.

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    If you have a Cabela's Club membership or are willing to sign up for one, they offer Remington "Golden Bullets" 22LR in a 1400 round plastic bucket for $84.99...that is just $0.06 per round and definitely their best deal at present! Obviously, not the $0.02 per round we use to pay in the old days, but about as good as it gets right now! I just bought a bucket today...limit one per person. Just ask one of the salesmen since they keep it behind the counter and don't stock it on the shelf!

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Headed to indy tomorrow to go to the zoo when my wife gets done with a conference. Thinking of going early and taking the boys. We really liked the one in Columbus

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    Climber1218 is correct, they have 1400 round buckets available. I went in this morning and asked the guy behind the gun counter and he laughed at me. He said all of the 22 ammo was behind me and they had no buckets and nothing behind the counter. So I told him that I had read it on INGO and asked if I was lied to. He started to laugh some more and some other guy that was stocking ammo butted in and told me that they DO have the buckets of ammo behind the OPTICS counter. I was quickly helped and was politely asked if I was a club member. I said yes and was handed my bucket of ammo. Just thought everyone should know which counter to go to because not all of those guys knows what's going on. As always, YMMV.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Stopped by yesterday morning.. Not impressed.. For some reason I had the idea that they were more reasonable than GM but Gen 4 Glocks for $639 is NOT close to reasonable. Impressive looking setup but I won't waste my time going back.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    There a great store if you want to see multiple outdoor options vs just looking on-line. Yes there guns are usually high and yes you can find ammo cheaper on-line but they have enough other stuff I like that I still stop by all that I pass and each year they get a fair amount of cash from me. Sometimes simply because ease of walking in and getting what I want vs spending a bunch of time looking on the Internet.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Just made a special trip up htere...over an hour drive. Nice store...I wasn't looking for anything really...just bored and wanted to look around. Didn't feel like messing with the 1500. Almost had that feel though. Busy, rude people, hygiene optional.

Picked up some bullets for reloading my M1, a ball for the dog...had heard about the buckets of bullets...but wasn't gonna get one. Looked down and on a shelf someone had discarded one. Waited around a few minutes, no one came by...so I snagged it.

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Well I finally made it there today. Having been to several Cabela's before including the one in Hammond my expectations were low based off of what I've heard about it. I will say I was still impressed with this store. I feel like they did a good job with the space they have. The gun counter was fairly small but the gun library made up for that and then some in my opinion. All of the employees that I encountered were polite and helpful. All I bought on this trip were two boxes of .454 casull ammo and a wallet. I'll be back soon.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Arrived at family's house in Noblesville Sat morning and after a quick trip to the Fishers farmers market we got to the Cabela's store by mid morning. Very nice store and only minutes away from their house. What more could I ask for? It will sure make the times when everybody is napping or doing nothing much more fun! Even though I told myself I wasn't going to buy "much", I still ended up spending $150 on reloading components.:yesway:

nickatnight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Shelbyville
    Cabela's bought property in Greenwood and never developed it. I wish that one had opened. I will still visit this one though. I spent 4 hours in the Cabela's in Dundee, MI and didn't even realize it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cabela's bought property in Greenwood and never developed it. I wish that one had opened. I will still visit this one though. I spent 4 hours in the Cabela's in Dundee, MI and didn't even realize it.

Edit: should have eaten a snickers.

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Found out yesterday that they do not allow dogs in this store. The county won't let dogs in because of the little deli in the corner.
    Only store in the country like this. Thanks Hamilton county. I was looking forward to using the dog as woman bait.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I've been to a few Cabela's across the country, this one seem to be the smallest one I've been in so far.. :(

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I've been to a few Cabela's across the country, this one seem to be the smallest one I've been in so far.. :(

Why pay more taxes and rent and stock more inventory in a retail store when the online business is getting bigger and they can ship it from a central location.

Top Bottom