• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a P-07 Urban Gray Suppressor ready and a Cajun Gun Works Pro-Grade Upgrade Kit P-07 P-09 (Part #97098), and I'm getting ready to install it. This will be my suppressed "nightstand gun," and I'll be using 147gr Federal HST's in it assuming they like to feed, are consistent POI-wise and are generally reliable. I previously Cajunized my SP-01, but it was done piecemeal and I don't recall exactly what pieces I used. So...

Is there a consensus as to what springs are "best?" I know it's very subjective, but I'd like to hear from some of you that have more experience with CGW.

I'm thinking the "Gold" 15 lb hammer spring will be fine with Federal HST's, any evidence to the contrary? I plan to test with 200 rounds regardless of whatever springs I use, but the hammer spring is easy to change so I'm not concerned with changing to the 18 lb if needed.

Heavier sear spring(s): How much do you really "feel" it, or is it mostly to ensure positive engagement/anti-float protection?

Trigger return spring: I changed it on my SP-01, found I preferred the OEM, but left the CGW in as I'd heard the OEM tends to break. Is this an issue with the P-07?

I'll probably x-post to the CZ forum, but I see a lot of the same faces here... so thanks in advance!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is kinda a personal thing. I'd use the blue spring. Definitely use the CGW trigger return spring, the OE will break. Any lighter than the blue spring and you'll have issues with certain ammo.

Just looked up your kit, the gold spring will work perfect. I've run 124gr HSTs perfectly before.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    This thread is VERY disappointing.

c700x420.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    200 hundred rounds today, no malfunctions of any type. 50 each of 115gr american eagle, PPU 124gr, Magtech 124gr and american eagle 124gr subsonic in 10 shot strings, rotating between magazines. 7 to 50 yards.

The entire Pro-Grade kit was installed, and I chose the heaviest sear spring and used a Blue 13 lb hammer spring. I had the 15 and 18 lb springs with me, but they weren't needed.

It would take a lot of gumbo for me to give up this pistol.

vvk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2016
    Indy
    I have a P-07 Urban Gray Suppressor ready and a Cajun Gun Works Pro-Grade Upgrade Kit P-07 P-09 (Part #97098), and I'm getting ready to install it. This will be my suppressed "nightstand gun," and I'll be using 147gr Federal HST's in it assuming they like to feed, are consistent POI-wise and are generally reliable. I previously Cajunized my SP-01, but it was done piecemeal and I don't recall exactly what pieces I used. So...

Is there a consensus as to what springs are "best?" I know it's very subjective, but I'd like to hear from some of you that have more experience with CGW.

I'm thinking the "Gold" 15 lb hammer spring will be fine with Federal HST's, any evidence to the contrary? I plan to test with 200 rounds regardless of whatever springs I use, but the hammer spring is easy to change so I'm not concerned with changing to the 18 lb if needed.

Heavier sear spring(s): How much do you really "feel" it, or is it mostly to ensure positive engagement/anti-float protection?

Trigger return spring: I changed it on my SP-01, found I preferred the OEM, but left the CGW in as I'd heard the OEM tends to break. Is this an issue with the P-07?

I'll probably x-post to the CZ forum, but I see a lot of the same faces here... so thanks in advance!
    I used their 11 lb hammer spring with no issues or in my cz shadow. I had problems igniting 22 lr when using the kadet conversion slide. I switched to 13 lb which solved the problem.

But you need to keep in mind that if you ever have to use this gun for self defense, you might get into a problem as lightened trigger pull makes the gun "more deadly" in the eyes of prosecutors.

mikebaker1129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Houston ,TX
    Crawfish has become big business here on the TX gulf coast . It has crossed over the state line and become huuuuuge. Most places charge $6 a pound just for the mud bugs ,they do allow you to bring your own beer.
    i do like them but after spending $60 for me they wife and 2 kids and I am still hungry when I leave,we do not go often!

Kephas78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Seymour

CGW Trigger return springs are a very smart upgrade for the P-09. They are inexpensive, reduce your DA by about 1/2 lb, and the factory return springs are one of the parts most likely to fail.

I like heavier sear springs on mine because it makes my SA feel even more crisp. However, if you don't have the upgraded hammer and short reset kit with the improve geometry, it's not going to make any real difference.

The best hammer spring really depends upon if you also upgrade to the extended firing pin(with firing pin spring), your ammo, and application. I'm a bit cautious when it comes to my defense guns and strive for absolute reliability. However, with the extended firing pin, and Federal HSTs I have absolutely zero concerns about using the gold 15#HS in my EDC gun. The blue 13#HS can be fun on the range, but I wouldn't trust my life to it.

There is a fantastic guide over at czfirearms.us which details pretty much exactly what the CGW guys do when installing a pro package on a P09. It's seriously worth the look. Just pay attention to pages 1 and 7 of the thread.
    How To Tune - Smooth & Upgrade P-07/09

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    CGW Trigger return springs are a very smart upgrade for the P-09. They are inexpensive, reduce your DA by about 1/2 lb, and the factory return springs are one of the parts most likely to fail.

I like heavier sear springs on mine because it makes my SA feel even more crisp. However, if you don't have the upgraded hammer and short reset kit with the improve geometry, it's not going to make any real difference.

The best hammer spring really depends upon if you also upgrade to the extended firing pin(with firing pin spring), your ammo, and application. I'm a bit cautious when it comes to my defense guns and strive for absolute reliability. However, with the extended firing pin, and Federal HSTs I have absolutely zero concerns about using the gold 15#HS in my EDC gun. The blue 13#HS can be fun on the range, but I wouldn't trust my life to it.

There is a fantastic guide over at czfirearms.us which details pretty much exactly what the CGW guys do when installing a pro package on a P09. It's seriously worth the look. Just pay attention to pages 1 and 7 of the thread.
    How To Tune - Smooth & Upgrade P-07/09

You aren't going to have any reliability issues with a 13# MS. I run 11.5# MS and have no problems at all.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I can't imagine any way to improve on a stock CZ pistol. Not even changing grips. OK, maybe night sights.

Kephas78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Seymour
    You aren't going to have any reliability issues with a 13# MS. I run 11.5# MS and have no problems at all.

I'm talking specifically about the P-07/P-09 omega guns for self defense use. A 13# HS in a P-09 is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from putting a 13# HS in a 75B or SP01.

Yes I would likely not have any issues with a 13# HS, using federal ammo, on my P-09. Especially with the polish job, extended firing pin, and other upgrades I've done. HOWEVER... for a carry gun i'm not going to take any chances JUST so I can have a slightly lighter trigger pull, which is going to feel negligible in a high stress defense situation.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I can't imagine any way to improve on a stock CZ pistol. Not even changing grips. OK, maybe night sights.

You really need to come and shoot some of our modified ones some day. It's scary just how good they can be. Scary as in "OMG, I'm going to go broke buying CGW parts for all of my guns now".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You really need to come and shoot some of our modified ones some day. It's scary just how good they can be. Scary as in "OMG, I'm going to go broke buying CGW parts for all of my guns now".

Bingo.
    Once you run some of them you will be......:koolaid:

And it is not just about the trigger

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN

Or maybe that's a good reason to NOT come and shoot them.:):

Top Bottom