• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    So many terrible things are being done to perfectly good vodka! Vodka should come from Russia (preferably Russian Standard or Flagship, although I haven't found Flagship for sale in the US,) live in the freezer, and get drunk straight up.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Real men drink REAL Martinis... ;)

It's hard to argue with a gin martini, but I prefer the vodka variety for some reason. Another difficulty with Martinis is the fact that most liquor stores only carry 1 type of dry vermouth (usually Martini&Rossi).

Having said all that, I will not turn down a martini (traditional) regardless of the label on its ingredients.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It's hard to argue with a gin martini, but I prefer the vodka variety for some reason. Another difficulty with Martinis is the fact that most liquor stores only carry 1 type of dry vermouth (usually Martini&Rossi).

Having said all that, I will not turn down a martini (traditional) regardless of the label on its ingredients.

I'm not a fan of gin... At least not the well gin used at the Greenwood O'Charley's. That martini tasted like pine trees.

And, I suspect, most gin tastes roughly the same; since it's a juniper-berry product. And since junipers are confers, it stands to reason that there'd be a piney taste. :n00b:

I'm relatively new to this whole "alcohol" thing; I do enjoy trying new things...but I HATE paying $5 + for something that I probably won't like.

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Ever hear of the Stoli Doli?

Stoli Doli: Drink at Your Own Risk | The Heavy Table - Minneapolis-St. Paul and Upper Midwest Food Magazine and Blog

Had one of these at The Capital Grille. MMmmm..... Easy to make yourself as well but I'd rather have a Sveda Doli

Made a Stoli Doli for my girl last night.

2 bottles Vikingfjord and 2 pineapples. Her and her roommate can have some fun the weekend before finals.

Quote from my girlfriend, "Three Olives makes the best Cake Vodka"

So I guess if you'er going to try it, try this stuff.

So many terrible things are being done to perfectly good vodka! Vodka should come from Russia (preferably Russian Standard or Flagship, although I haven't found Flagship for sale in the US,) live in the freezer, and get drunk straight up.

Try Tito's Vodka. Burnt orange cap and labels. I believe its made in Texas. The guy who runs that place is friends with a woman I worked at a brewery with. It's pretty good straight, not harsh whatsoever.

Top Bottom