• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The anti-gun forces just won't quit. Here we have a Kalifornia legislator who stripped out one bill and replaced it with a statewide mandatory long gun registration, (they already register handguns). Guess Kalifornian's are used to being pushed around and told what to do, by now. The same legislator forced mandated micro stamping on them. Which a republican governor signed into law.

via CBS

A California Democrat is proposing a new law requiring residents to register their shotguns and rifles or go to jail, CBSNews.com has learned.
    Assemblyman Mike Feuer, whose district includes Beverly Hill and West Hollywood, this week introduced legislation ordering law enforcement to "permanently keep" records of anyone who buys a gun from a dealer or an individual. California already stores information about handgun purchases.
    Feuer is no friend of firearms owners: his previous legislative effort, which Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed into law, required all new handguns to include "microstamping" technology that can imprint serial numbers on spent ammunition casings. As a Los Angeles city councilman, Feuer proposed limiting city residents to one gun a month.
    Feuer spokeswoman Arianna Smith declined to answer questions about the bill on Tuesday afternoon, saying the staff member involved was in a meeting and not immediately available.
    The proposal comes as the U.S. Supreme Court is considering a landmark civil rights case, McDonald v. Chicago, which will decide whether Second Amendment rights in the federal constitution trump state anti-gun laws. But California is proposing mandatory registration -- and not a flat ban, as Washington, D.C. once tried and the justices rejected -- and even legal scholars specializing in this area disagree about whether registration is constitutional.
    "Even though the constitutionality of such a measure is a close call, it is a horrible public policy choice," says Gene Hoffman, chairman of the CalGuns Foundation. "Just as Canada is about to do away with their long gun registry after squandering $1 billion, California wishes to attack law abiding gun owners for firearms not used in crime."
    A CBC News article last month reported that the Canadian parliament is backing away from the nation's gun registry, which was enacted in 1989 and has now come under fire by critics who call it a billion-dollar boondoggle.
    More at the source

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Do any U.S. states currently have gun registration?

Arnold, why do you have to be such a girly-man when it comes to politics...?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I guess Arnold couldn't veto the micro stamping bill. I'm sure that's the only reason he (a republican) would sign such a bill. Well, he will get another chance with this newest registration proposal.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    At the moment, a minority of states including New York, Maryland, California, New Jersey, and Massachusetts require mandatory registration for handguns. Others, like Pennsylvania, require sales of handguns to go through a dealer, who keeps records of the transaction.
    I just learned that California already has registration of handguns. This bill targets long guns. Feel safer yet?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Right now, we should be hoping they try to do something like this. I hope they introduce a new AWB - no, I hope they introduce a confiscation bill and vote on it. I really do.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I believe Kalifornia should have a mandatory dumba$$ registration.

The anti-gun forces just won't quit. Here we have a Kalifornia legislator who stripped out one bill and replaced it with a statewide mandatory long gun registration, (they already register handguns). Guess Kalifornian's are used to being pushed around and told what to do, by now. The same legislator forced mandated micro stamping on them. Which a republican governor signed into law.

via CBS

More at the source

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This guy looks like Bohrat but with less hair. What a maroon.:D

LOL!!!

header_a.jpg

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Anybody wanna bet that the hack who introduced this bill has armed guards, lives in a gated community, or has guns of his own? I'm sure that the crips, bloods, MS13s, and Hell's Angels are going to register their guns as well. There's just no point in talking to these people anymore.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Didn't they do a study on microstamping and figure out that it wears off the firing pin within something like several dozen rounds?

Any gun that is not up to standard with a clear firing pin when inspected
    by the "safety patrol" will be confiscated until such time that it can be rendered safe. (i.e. destroyed)

Half joking, I bet someone proposed this.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    What do you expect from Commiefornia.

Feuer proposed limiting city residents to one gun a month

This sounds like a quota to me. Now if I could just get my wife to let me buy one gun a month. ;)

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    At first, I also wish they would introduce and vote on a bill to fully confiscate every firearm in California. I thought that once they finally do that they may see and understand that it doesn't affect crime. Criminals will keep their guns. Then I thought the debate would be settled.

But it wouldn't.

They would blame neighboring States for "smuggling" in guns to California. Then they would blame the rest of the country for CA's ban not working and they would have to introduce a nationwide ban again. They would claim that it would work this way. A nationwide ban on all firearms, that would solve it.

This is their thinking, or lack thereof.

Instead of introducing all of these bills and going through the trouble of handing over our guns, why don't we just hand over 1/3 of our country to Mexican drug cartels and just get it over with. That's what would happen anyway, if all of our South-Western Americans had to give up their firearms. These states can't afford to bring in the National Guard and we can only hire so many police officers.

Top Bottom