• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    State and federally funded university. Shut it down and send the whiners packing. Maybe they can migrate to Mexico.

I'm not following. Since it IS state and federally funded, they shouldn't be able to prohibit "speech" no matter how distasteful it is.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    To be fair they banned ALL flags in the lobby, not just the American flag. Seems kind of silly, but it's Cali.
    A resolution that was narrowly approved by the legislative council of the campus' Associated Students calls bans all flags from the common lobby area of student government offices, according to the Orange County Register. It prompted removal of the American flag from a lobby wall.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm not following. Since it IS state and federally funded, they shouldn't be able to prohibit "speech" no matter how distasteful it is.

Ufortunately, universities are some of the most speech-restricted locations in the entire country. Many have speech codes that are rather coercive to any who dare exercise non-politically correct speech. There is an entire group called F.I.R.E., that is dedicated to fighting this type of abuse, but they are overwhelmed by the sheer number of violations by universities.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Don't like the American flag? Head somewhere that holds a flag you do like. Maybe try Iran or the IS, they both seem to be 'pretty understanding' about freedom.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    People of California ... If you don't want my flag then give it back. My flag represents all that this country is ,has been, & will be! You don't want it then surrender all rights & privileges that came with it. My flag is not to be trampled on. It is not just a rag! It is my flag & I'm proud of all the good & the bad that may come from flying it! I tell every person that I see buying one here at the blue roof store, to take care of my flag. Pretty amazing that they all understand my request.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'd love to see Kommiefornia booted from the US--or at least the heavily loonified liberal regions. Let them make their own insane rules and be happy, completely unencumbered by our pesky Constitution...until the insanity implodes on them. Then maybe invite Mexico to take that area back. Of course, that'd probably tick off the huge numbers of Mexicans already there that would have essentially just crossed borders illegally to end up back in Mexico. Oh, the irony!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Cut off the state and federal funding that the students in that organization are no doubt taking advantage of. I mean it must leave an awful taste in their mouths to accept that "imperialist" money. We'd be doing them a favor.

Top Bottom