• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    my wife is giving a speech in her speech class at IUN next week and is looking for as much data as possible to convert the non believers I know there are some great stats out there on how much crime has increased in the UK and Australia since gun bans have been put in place. if anyone has quick links to this info or other info about crime rates in major cities with gun bans I'd appreciate it.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    An interesting tidbit about a stat the anti-gunners use:

Myth: You are ("insert percentage here") more likely to be killed with your own firearm than you are to kill an intruder.

The only way this is true is if you DO NOT COUNT all of the times an intruder is scared off, held for the police, or wounded. The anti-gunners twist this stat to make it look as grave as possible.

Remember that firearms are used over 2 million times per year in the US to thwart an attack or intrusion. You will notice that there are not 2 million gun deaths a year here, so obviously people are scared away, wounded, or held for the police.

The NRA publishes an untitled document about "FABLES OF GUN CONTROL. This document has 15 of the most common fables and some facts to counter tham. At the end there is a references section, so if she wants to cite the work she can, or look up the book the facts came from and cite them. PM me with an email address and I will scan and email it to you. good luck!

Randy

Last edited:

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    thanks to everyone that gave advice and info she gave her speech today and it was a success. she got rousing applause hopefully we made some educated converts.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Any chances of a transcript of video?

Glad it went well! Congratulations and I too hope it helped! I'm sure it did. :D

Top Bottom