• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    Well Illinois got me, going to work one morning in Dolton i ......failed.....to come to a complete stop even though you can turn on red, i know....my fault.

Stupid broke crooked state.....they know people will make these small mistakes and they pick the worst intersections to rig up.

$100.00 this is going to cost me!!!

You can go on RedLightViolations.com and watch the vid of you breaking the stupid law......arg.

Rant over.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I had to force one person through one onetime.... There was a inch of snow and I still had my military tires on the Powerstroke... I was coming up slow and started to brake and NOTHING happened. The guy must've been watching me in his mirror and gunned it just as I would have hit him... Sending him through the intersection...

I'd compensate him since that would costed me alot of money...

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's my understanding that these cameras end up causing a lot of rear end collisions. People are so worried about getting caught by the camera that they slam on their brakes and get plowed from behind. I'm not sure how much truth there is to it but it sounds logical. This is one of the reasons I never follow super close to anyone. You never know when someone is going to slam on the brakes and for what reason

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    Illinois got me for a bunch of toll violations last year. I got the ticket(s) in the mail one day. There were a couple of problems though... I have never been on a toll road in Illinois, I haven't been in Illinois since 2002, the white PT Cruiser in the picture looks nothing like my black F350. Luckily, 10 minutes & a phone call cleared me.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Illinois got me for a bunch of toll violations last year. I got the ticket(s) in the mail one day. There were a couple of problems though... I have never been on a toll road in Illinois, I haven't been in Illinois since 2002, the white PT Cruiser in the picture looks nothing like my black F350. Luckily, 10 minutes & a phone call cleared me.

this happened to me also.... from 07, they sent me violations, 7 in a row. I mapped them and it looks like someone went up to o'hare to drop/pick-up someone. My truck has NEVER been to O'hare for one, and two, my leg was in a full cast at that exact time... however the pics were of my truck.... IIRC, there was a article where Indiana allows the same plate number to be used, yet different plate types... There was no way out of it. got me for $250..... ****ing ****hole state

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well Illinois got me, going to work one morning in Dolton i ......failed.....to come to a complete stop even though you can turn on red, i know....my fault.

Stupid broke crooked state.....they know people will make these small mistakes and they pick the worst intersections to rig up.

$100.00 this is going to cost me!!!

You can go on RedLightViolations.com and watch the vid of you breaking the stupid law......arg.

Rant over.

No More Red Light Camera Tickets. Make Your Car Invisible To Police Speed Cameras With Our License Plate Cover, PhotoBlocker Spray, Radar Detectors, GPS, GPS Camera Detectors. Got A Traffic Ticket? Don?t Pay Yet. We Can Help Fight Your Speeding Citat
    or
    Photo License Plate Spray can prevent you from getting tickets for running red lights.

will help you. :)

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    tickets

IL sent my MIL a toll road violation. 2 Years after we had been there. I'm sure we didn't miss any toll roads. I was driving. In the letter it said, "These are not valid reasons for not paying the fine:"

You were not driving
    You have a different plate number than the one taken
    It has been over 2 years since the violation.

But all 3 of those were true. It was over 2 years. She wasn't the one driving. I was. She does have a different plate # now. She paid them anyway.

Jason

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is what happens when people stop using sensible, defensive driving and disregard current traffic laws. More laws and technology have to be implemented to attempt to protect drivers from idiots that have somehow forgotten how to drive safely and properly.

A law against texting while driving? Really?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is what happens when people stop using sensible, defensive driving and disregard current traffic laws. More laws and technology have to be implemented to attempt to protect drivers from idiots that have somehow forgotten how to drive safely and properly.

A law against texting while driving? Really?

WRONG!!!

The red light camera stuff is nothing more than a new revenue stream for local governments. Google it (too lazy right now) and you will find that these cameras do nothing for safety.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    WRONG!!!

The red light camera stuff is nothing more than a new revenue stream for local governments. Google it (too lazy right now) and you will find that these cameras do nothing for safety.

Your point is essentially the same as I was making. Not saying that they work. Just saying that our lawmakers just keep creating laws and using technology to try to protect the idiocy of people. I feel the same way about a lot of the technology being used in cars today. I did say "attempt" in my post...

Top Bottom