• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • draftsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    Greenfield
    Has anyone ever attended this event before?
    Camp Independence
    Tippecanoe River State Park
    Winamac Indiana, May 4th 2013

Flyer

[FONT=&quot]C[/FONT][FONT=&quot]AMP INDEPENDENCE[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Sa[/FONT][FONT=&quot]f[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT][FONT=&quot]t[/FONT][FONT=&quot]y [/FONT][FONT=&quot]T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]h[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]u[/FONT][FONT=&quot]g[/FONT][FONT=&quot]h[/FONT][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT][FONT=&quot]p[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ar[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT][FONT=&quot]d[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]F[/FONT][FONT=&quot]re[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT][FONT=&quot]d[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]m [/FONT][FONT=&quot]T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]h[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]u[/FONT][FONT=&quot]g[/FONT][FONT=&quot]h[/FONT][FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT][FONT=&quot]l[/FONT][FONT=&quot]f[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]R[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT][FONT=&quot]li[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]aturday, May 4th 2013[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]p[/FONT][FONT=&quot]p[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e River State Park[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Winamac Indiana[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]([/FONT][FONT=&quot]A[/FONT][FONT=&quot]t the Potawatomi, Group Camp)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ct[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]v[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]t[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ies Start at 8:00 AM (Central Time) Run Through 6:00 PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A wide variety of emergency preparedness, self-defense, field survival and self-reliance classes, workshops, exhibits and demonstrations will be presented throughout the day.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]B[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n[/FONT][FONT=&quot]g the whole family. Stay overnight. Enjoy the park in spring. Become more self-reliant,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ca[/FONT][FONT=&quot]b[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s are available on a first come basis. Meals are available at reasonable prices. Advanced Registration Before April 15[/FONT][FONT=&quot]t[/FONT][FONT=&quot]h[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I[/FONT][FONT=&quot]n[/FONT][FONT=&quot]d[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]v[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]d[/FONT][FONT=&quot]u[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]l[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]$20[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]0[/FONT][FONT=&quot]0*[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Family $25.00*, Add $20.00 for a cabin. Come Friday night and stay over Saturday night for extra activities. Registration after April 15[/FONT][FONT=&quot]t[/FONT][FONT=&quot]h [/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r at the site: Individual $25.00*, Family $35.00*, Add $25.00 for a cabin if still available. Group Rates Available before April 1st. If cabins at the site are filled tent camping and other rentals are available from the Indian Department of Resources at their rates. Go to: www.camp.in.gov[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]*Indiana DNR park vehicle entry fees not included[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]G[/FONT][FONT=&quot]U[/FONT][FONT=&quot]EST INSTRUCTORS WELCOME[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Contact: [/FONT][FONT=&quot] survivorjj@aol.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot]before April 5[/FONT][FONT=&quot]th [/FONT][FONT=&quot]SURVIVAL STUFF RAFFLE: Lots of survival and preparedness related supplies and equipment. Tickets on sale at the event.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]C[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]nt[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ributions Welcome: Contact: livefreegirl@wildblue.net[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]H[/FONT][FONT=&quot]O[/FONT][FONT=&quot]W TO GET THERE[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]p[/FONT][FONT=&quot]pec[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]no[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e River State Park [/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s located on US[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3[/FONT][FONT=&quot]5 a few miles north of Winamac Indiana. At the park ask the gate attendant for directions to the Group Camp facilities then watch for the small “LF, USA” arrow signs leading to our cabin units.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]H[/FONT][FONT=&quot]OU[/FONT][FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ING[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]P[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r[/FONT][FONT=&quot]t[/FONT][FONT=&quot]icipants are housed in small cabins that are equipped with bunks and tables but have no lights or fireplace. We try to provide private cabins for families and groups but we can make no guarantee. Come early for the best choices,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ME[/FONT][FONT=&quot]A[/FONT][FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][FONT=&quot]S[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Mea[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ls will be available at nominal cost in the dinning hall. Using this service will avoid missing classes and help us stay on schedule.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]H[/FONT][FONT=&quot]OU[/FONT][FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]EK[/FONT][FONT=&quot]E[/FONT][FONT=&quot]EP[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ING[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]v[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e Free is responsible for leaving all facilities as clean or cleaner than when we occupied them. Do not litter. Clean and sweep out your cabin thoroughly. Keep the washrooms and showers clean. PITCH IN AND HELP US CLEAN UP THE MAIN HALL AND OTHER AREAS BEFORE WE LEAVE.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]A[/FONT][FONT=&quot]N[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ITATION[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]G[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o[/FONT][FONT=&quot]d washrooms are available close to all cabins. Hot shower facilities are within a short walk.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]R[/FONT][FONT=&quot]UL[/FONT][FONT=&quot]E[/FONT][FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]D[/FONT][FONT=&quot]O NOT BRING ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, DRUGS OR LOADED FIREARMS INTO THE CAMP. NO NOISE AFTER 11:00 PM. PLEASE KEEP YOUR CABIN AND AREA CLEAN.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]WH[/FONT][FONT=&quot]A[/FONT][FONT=&quot]T TO BRING: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]B[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ring a camp stove, lantern, cooking gear, food, sleeping bags, personal items, etc.. Wear comfortable outdoor clothing and good field boots. Since there will be some hiking activities you may need a compass, survival knife, whistle, canteen, small first aid kit, and a small field pack. A flashlight with a red lens will be required for night field activities. Camouflage clothing and materials are optional but may be needed for some activities. A rain poncho is a good idea. You should have a small notebook and pen to take notes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]C[/FONT][FONT=&quot]H[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ILDREN AND TEENAGERS: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]W[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e very much encourage family participation but children and young adults must not be left without adult supervision anywhere in the camp area.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A[/FONT][FONT=&quot]R[/FONT][FONT=&quot]R[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I[/FONT][FONT=&quot]V[/FONT][FONT=&quot]A[/FONT][FONT=&quot]L TIME: We recommend that you arrive FRIDAY NIGHT if possible [/FONT][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o you can set up your cabin and be ready to participate early on Saturday morning. Do not arrive earlier than 4:00[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]P[/FONT][FONT=&quot]M on Friday [/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s the camp will not be open. If you come in on Saturday try to be early as activities start at 8:30 AM.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]IME: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]O[/FONT][FONT=&quot]p[/FONT][FONT=&quot]e[/FONT][FONT=&quot]rations are conducted on Eastern Standard Time. Schedules subject to change[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A Public Service Project Of:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]LI[/FONT][FONT=&quot]V[/FONT][FONT=&quot]E FREE, USA, P.O. BOX 3295, Munster, IN 46321, USA, Websit: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.americansurvivor.org[/FONT][FONT=&quot], E-mail: lfinow@aol.com[/FONT]

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jim puts on a great event... and the Tippecanoe Camp Independance one is thier largest event through the year. I should have the lists of classes by tonight, I'll post them when it comes in the email..

I will be present and actually I am one of the videographers that will be producing video of the classes for the website and they will have DVD's available at thier booths at the Gunshows throughout the year. They also put on various classes and training at the Cabelas in Hammond throughout the year.

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Great stuff.

I've been there the last three years and it's

a) a lot of fun.
    b) a lot of good people.
    c) lots of good information. Veteran preparedness people may know much of this stuff, but it's always good to review the basics and there may be new information out there.
    d) affordable.

I'll be teaching a self-defense related segment again this year.

Highly recommend it. Spend the night in one of the cabins on Friday and/or Saturday night and make it a family weekend. It's family friendly.

John

ETA: It's broken up into hour-long segments, both indoors and outdoors, so you can tailor your experience to your interests. There's stuff there for everyone, from edible plants to shelters to self-defense.

Top Bottom