• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    My wife and I plan on having our son at Community South, and I was wondering if they have any rules against CC. I checked their website but couldn't find anything.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    ISDH report lists its ownership as "Proprietary" which might mean that it is not gov't-owned. Another report lists the owner as Community Hospital South, Inc., which also suggests that it is not gov't-owned.

If that is true, it would simply be their right as private owners to ask people not to carry.

Please note, this is not advice one way or another.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I doubt it is "illegal", meaning they have a secure ward for convicts.

Most likely, they are private and can have their own policies, or are a "local government entity" and can have their own policies.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's not illegal, no.

And if you need anything while you're there, put it out on INGO. There are dozens of us in the immediate area and can help you out if you need it.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    It's not illegal, no.

And if you need anything while you're there, put it out on INGO. There are dozens of us in the immediate area and can help you out if you need it.

What a guy! We just had our first son 1/19/14 (less than a year ago). If this time is anything like last, the issue won't be needing something, it will be deciding who to ask amongst the many people there.

That is, unless you are offering 1911s, 9mm ammo, nice optics, ect ect... than I may need something :):

shunsley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    I've never worried about. I carried in the hospital when both my sons were born and every time I visited someone.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    They have "No Firearms" posted on some of the doors but I CC there constantly with out issues.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    They have "No Firearms" posted on some of the doors but I CC there constantly with out issues.

I carefully looked as I walked in the main entrance but I didn't see anything. I had my EDC with me when I thought we were just getting some tests done, but then they said they were inducing her tonight so I just took it home. I don't like the idea of keeping it with me unsecured while I sleep in a hospital.

On the bright side, Barrett was born yesterday. He came at 37 weeks, but he is still a solid 7lbs1oz. Mom and Baby are healthy as can be!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I carefully looked as I walked in the main entrance but I didn't see anything. I had my EDC with me when I thought we were just getting some tests done, but then they said they were inducing her tonight so I just took it home. I don't like the idea of keeping it with me unsecured while I sleep in a hospital.

On the bright side, Barrett was born yesterday. He came at 37 weeks, but he is still a solid 7lbs1oz. Mom and Baby are healthy as can be!

:rockwoot::rockwoot:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Wife was in an accident on New Years Eve, took her to Community North, didn't even think about not carrying in the ER or anyplace else about that time. In and out no problem.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana

Congratulations!

Both of my kids were early. 37-ish for both of them. (As an aside, my first-born, my daughter, actually got to attend two of her own baby showers due to being early. LOL )

Carrying while at the hospital: We had both of ours at St. Francis. I don't think that I took anything along with me for #1, but I know that I had my J-frame with me for #2. It was secured as well as it could be while I "slept" - and i never left the room without it in a pocket. Not 100% convenient, but comforting. I was quite glad that I didn't have to run down to the ER and save hoosierdoc. heh

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Pretty much all hospitals have a no gun policy and will kick you out if caught. Of course concealing is likely to be just fine.

AFAIK, and IANAL, the only way a hospital is legally off limits in Indiana is if they have a psychiatric ward that holds people against their will making it a place of incarceration. Technically though I'm not sure it is even illegal then as long as you stay away from that area because the area will be isolated from the rest of the hospital for obvious reasons.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Pretty much all hospitals have a no gun policy and will kick you out if caught. Of course concealing is likely to be just fine.

AFAIK, and IANAL, the only way a hospital is legally off limits in Indiana is if they have a psychiatric ward that holds people against their will making it a place of incarceration. Technically though I'm not sure it is even illegal then as long as you stay away from that area because the area will be isolated from the rest of the hospital for obvious reasons.

Not just a psychiatric ward. A secure detention facility, like Eskanazi / Wishard has. Also included would be federal hospitals (VA).

Top Bottom