• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I have to move a freezer this weekend. Then move another one back home. Can I lay it down on it's back? It would be more stable in my truck that way. I've heard not to do that with a fridge, but not about a freezer. The first one I'm moving is a small chest freezer. The 2nd one is a upright.

thanks
    Jason

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    As long as you aren't laying it on its coils, it's better to lay it on its side, not back. Just make sure to let it stand upright (applies to a fridge too) for an hour or two before plugging it in to allow the freon and oil time to get properly distributed.

I've heard of a very few models that absolutely cannot be laid on their sides, but most can handle it just fine.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Yes you can... you just need to let it set about 24 hours before you can restart it. This will allow the oil to flow back down into the compressor.

BOTA56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Columbia City
    I believe that you can, but you need to let it settle when you get it to its new location... Leave it sit upright for at least 24 hours before plugging it back in. This lets compressor oil settle back to where it belongs.

ooops I see this answer is already up there lol... wasn't when I started pecking away.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Ya, but don't forget, I can't keep them very long so move the freezer,
    plug it back in like described above we'll wrap this up.
    Thanks Jason,
    You owe me..........

Best way to dispose of them is to feed the homeless or a church group. This time of year, everyone loves some chili. Just tell them it is some sort of exotic meat and nobody will question it.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    Thanks for all the help everyone. The freezer we have now was good for a while, but now we need one bigger. So we're swapping it with someone else's.

Thanks again
    Jason

Top Bottom