• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I did that too. we need to keep double teaming, triple teaming ... blitzing ... errr

Thanks! check it out in a bit.
    I sent an email to both Rep Lucas and Smaltz, thanking them for hearing my testimony and passing this through committee!

1:50-1:54 if you'd like to hear a lawmaker discuss how people will just commit felonies regardless of the law...

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I sent an email to both Rep Lucas and Smaltz, thanking them for hearing my testimony and passing this through committee!

1:50-1:54 if you'd like to hear a lawmaker discuss how people will just commit felonies regardless of the law...

Rep Summers (D, District 99) gets an F from the NRA-PVF. I didn't know the F stood for Felony :laugh:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Sheesh - took me forever to get through this.

Kelly - good job
    Firecadet - excellent - and nice to meet you.
    Fargo - that was a Homerun! - I think you gave them a lot of thought - you and Guy need to team on a draft of what the fix is ...
    IOW doing the LSA's jobs ... and Nice to put names to faces!

Nicely - we had 2 or 3 in the audience of opposition - but no testimony against -
    and one of the usually opposed on the committeewas busy admitting to supporting felonies. (yay errr :rolleyes::dunno::nuts: )

now to see if the other hearing is up ... or not ... or maybe zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

BB3 - out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nice job guys. Thank you for your testimony. I owe you each a beer.

Damn, Fargo. You are intense! LOVE IT! Way to smack down Smaltz's suggestion that we must ask for permission and that posting a sign is a bad idea. Smaltz's suggestion is a bad idea. Kudos to you for (attempting to) show him the light. I think his comments about signs is misguided; in this area we need to understand the rules of the game. No signs/must ask for permission leads to a game of Calvinball. (a game where the rules are made up as you go) Here is hoping that they craft language that doesnt REQUIRE the signage but still allows it.

And to quote Nicely... "Hundreds" of carriers? I think he underestimates our numbers statewide. my average 90 attendance church has 5 known firearms every sunday. Gaming the numbers we are far exceeding "hundreds' statewide.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Nice job guys. Thank you for your testimony. I owe you each a beer.

Damn, Fargo. You are intense! LOVE IT! Way to smack down Smaltz's suggestion that we must ask for permission and that posting a sign is a bad idea. Smaltz's suggestion is a bad idea. Kudos to you for (attempting to) show him the light. I think his comments about signs is misguided; in this area we need to understand the rules of the game. No signs/must ask for permission leads to a game of Calvinball. (a game where the rules are made up as you go) Here is hoping that they craft language that doesnt REQUIRE the signage but still allows it.

And to quote Nicely... "Hundreds" of carriers? I think he underestimates our numbers statewide. my average 90 attendance church has 5 known firearms every sunday. Gaming the numbers we are far exceeding "hundreds' statewide.

Somebody please rep Cm, +10 if it's a Sun King Wee Mac :cool:

Extra rep for the Calvinball reference. It seems like that's how we got where we are today with the laws in this State. Fargo brought the rain on that subject.

jumpjet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    SB33 up for floor reading Monday 2/26

I called the house today. They said SB33 is currently scheduled for the 2nd reading (first was in Public Policy) on Monday the 26th. This would be the House floor reading. If no amendments are added, it should go to final vote Tuesday the 27th.

In its current form, the bill would become effective July 1st. I would encourage people to call their reps at 800-382-9841[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]to ask that the bill be amended to be effective immediately, rather than waiting until July 1.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    my understanding is that this bill goes into effect immediately after signed already as an "emergency measure" unless that has changed. My question is if everything goes well Monday, how long does it take for the Gov. to sign it?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    my understanding is that this bill goes into effect immediately after signed already as an "emergency measure" unless that has changed. My question is if everything goes well Monday, how long does it take for the Gov. to sign it?
    They are talking about next week for Sunday Sales, so maybe next week, maybe the following.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I called the house today. They said SB33 is currently scheduled for the 2nd reading (first was in Public Policy) on Monday the 26th. This would be the House floor reading. If no amendments are added, it should go to final vote Tuesday the 27th.

In its current form, the bill would become effective July 1st. I would encourage people to call their reps at 800-382-9841to ask that the bill be amended to be effective immediately, rather than waiting until July 1.

They are talking about next week for Sunday Sales, so maybe next week, maybe the following.

Something OMITTED ( :SHOCK: ) from all the discussion Wednesday -

the new part that has the ultra confusing Language about school property - goes into effect JULY 1 -
    The main part of the bill goes into effect UPON PASSAGE. (or "An Emergency is Declared for this Act" applies to the other sections)

So after passage - meaning - both houses have approved the SAME version of the bill - whether by concurrence or conference committee -
    then it takes a day or so for the Speaker of the House, the President Pro-Tempore of the Senate and the President of the Senate to sign it and then goes to the governor.

These three are BOSMA, LONG and LT GOV Crouch

(This also applies to SB 1 - so it will be next week in all likelihood that is done)

ETA - the GOV has 10 days to sign or it is LAW without his signature. ... (or he can veto, but I don't expect much of that).

Nice and muddled isn't it.

STill hoping they fix what fargo fed to them w/ a floor amendment at 2nd reading -
    get your calls an letters e-mailed today.

jumpjet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indianapolis
    So I watched the video. Rep Summers reasoning and misunderstanding of current law around 1:50 was astoundingly poor.

Thanks, BB3 for clarifying all these procedural items.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So I watched the video. Rep Summers reasoning and misunderstanding of current law around 1:50 was astoundingly poor.

Thanks, BB3 for clarifying all these procedural items.
    Her misunderstanding of everything is astounding.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    OK - I know the session today (SB 33 is up for 2nd reading and amendments from the floor ) ... Don't know where it stands ... had a meeting in teh office start at same time as session opened.

THere are 15 amendments filed for this bill today.

15... GLWT

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/33

go down to house amendments - I do not believe any of these are the 4 from the committee either. ...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK - I know the session today (SB 33 is up for 2nd reading and amendments from the floor ) ... Don't know where it stands ... had a meeting in teh office start at same time as session opened.

THere are 15 amendments filed for this bill today.

15... GLWT

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/33

go down to house amendments - I do not believe any of these are the 4 from the committee either. ...
    #15 looks like it was written by Feinstein.
    #14 no OC
    #13 no more than 6 bullets
    #12 same as #15

thanks for the Intel Bill, I'm shaking my head and not half way through

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I don't have much time to digest, but quickly browsed through them seeing something about..

- not more than 6 rounds in a magazine
    - Bumpstocks
    - FBI Terrorist Watch List

and other amendments seem to be a full rewrite of the bill. I will say that this is not my area of expertise so I hope someone else can dig into this for us.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I just looked again - I have to travel from 1 station to another and the house is in recess - ... might try to relocate so I can get online and listen. ...

I was hopeful of 1 or 2 good amendments like we saw in the senate - and perhaps clean up the language per Fargo and Rep Lucas' comments ...

UGH. ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    DOH - I had this in the ohter thread (on 1022 / 1424) ... DERP ...

They recessed / adjourned with a comment about "Longer Items" - I'm not sure if they'll be back tonight or not at this point.
    something about mayors and rubbing "elbows" ...

Skimmed amendments - Lehman and Lucas one's look good (both R's)
    Forrestal, Delaney, Hamilton - are horrid and don't even belong on this continent.

OK I think 1 was replaced by either 4 or 5 - and 3 replaces 2 (both are similar) ...
    the remaining 1 (either 4 or 5) is Lucas's version of 3. ...

Everything above that is garbage - FARGO - if you can look the first few - ... 3 and (4 / 5) cleans up the mess about property references ... Lucas other one(s) takes a big chuck of authority away from the GOV. ...

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    DOH - I had this in the ohter thread (on 1022 / 1424) ... DERP ...

They recessed / adjourned with a comment about "Longer Items" - I'm not sure if they'll be back tonight or not at this point.
    something about mayors and rubbing "elbows" ...

Skimmed amendments - Lehman and Lucas one's look good (both R's)
    Forrestal, Delaney, Hamilton - are horrid and don't even belong on this continent.

OK I think 1 was replaced by either 4 or 5 - and 3 replaces 2 (both are similar) ...
    the remaining 1 (either 4 or 5) is Lucas's version of 3. ...

Everything above that is garbage - FARGO - if you can look the first few - ... 3 and (4 / 5) cleans up the mess about property references ... Lucas other one(s) takes a big chuck of authority away from the GOV. ...
    I skimmed them, but probably won't get to do an in-depth read until tomorrow at the earliest.

Top Bottom