• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sadly - I'm probably out - I'll listen and do play by play as I can make a semblance of working - (unless someone's got a free, spare car motor for a GMC terrain up their sleeve ...)

anyone? no? looks like I'm out.

Now on to the bill - / amendment

1) it is a TCH extract (CBD oil I guess) bill - and it reads:

So the original bill as approved by the Senate is there - being recommended for passage
    (I see this as gamesmanship)

then

Drop in House Amend #2 and MOST of House Amend #18 to SB 33:

Fixes 95% and most major concerns w/ amended SB33
    and drops in
    only a FREE Lifetime LTCH from now on. - free less cost of Prints - since that is an outside thing and $20 for renewals.
    and we don't get brady exempt anything. ...

Still - I think it is a win.

It moves the ball down the field. We need to move the sticks and get a 1st down. Is it everything we want? No, but it moves the ball in the right direction.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The CBD crowd isn't going to like this.

(Which I was OK with it being legal and all).
    So until Friday at 1630 this was about hemp oil extract, now it's kinda-sorta SB 33 and what's left of HB 1424 with no hemp (oil or otherwise.) That's too bad, I could have worked with hemp and gun rights. Both were messed up by the government: hemp looks like MJ so it got declared illegal for the convenience of the government; churches which have schools on their property are 24/7 schools for the convenience of the government.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So until Friday at 1630 this was about hemp oil extract, now it's kinda-sorta SB 33 and what's left of HB 1424 with no hemp (oil or otherwise.) That's too bad, I could have worked with hemp and gun rights. Both were messed up by the government: hemp looks like MJ so it got declared illegal for the convenience of the government; churches which have schools on their property are 24/7 schools for the convenience of the government.

I'm not 100% sure as I just haven't had the appetite to keep up this year like I usually do but I think the hemp thing made it through. I thought I saw where this one just concerned CBD oil. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

I haven't followed much of the CBD/LowTHC /Hemp stuff - but SB 52 and HB 1214 - seem to be sisters like oh - SB 237 and HB 1424 - ... so Low THC / CBD is still alive.

and like our cause here - probably isn't what was hoped for but moves their ball down their field.

I am not thrilled that we're going back door like this. - but it is a process that both sides have used (for good and ill) for - uhm - forever.

Also - the CCR does strip out the Low THC stuff from 1214; I missed line 4 last night.
    (I have a reason or 3; besides just "it was late" and none of them involve adult beverages - just dead cars, moving messes, and state required paperwork - and stress).

WTHR is driving a hatched job; and I'm glad I waited to make a bigger public push out in the land of the sheep.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I haven't followed much of the CBD/LowTHC /Hemp stuff - but SB 52 and HB 1214 - seem to be sisters like oh - SB 237 and HB 1424 - ... so Low THC / CBD is still alive.

and like our cause here - probably isn't what was hoped for but moves their ball down their field.

I am not thrilled that we're going back door like this. - but it is a process that both sides have used (for good and ill) for - uhm - forever.

Also - the CCR does strip out the Low THC stuff from 1214; I missed line 4 last night.
    (I have a reason or 3; besides just "it was late" and none of them involve adult beverages - just dead cars, moving messes, and state required paperwork - and stress).

WTHR is driving a hatched job; and I'm glad I waited to make a bigger public push out in the land of the sheep.

Kind of like loading bills up with a crapload of amendments in an effort to run out the clock. I'm reaching out to my bosses to see if I can be there Monday. I'm downtown anyway, if I can come in early and do what I gotta do I can be there.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I think that's what Brother Bill referred to a a hatchet job.

it is both - it did contain valid details - but they're trying to hatchet it cause it is pro 2A / A1-S32 rights ...

This is a long weekend. KIA - glad you can go - or I hope you can.
    MDA has an "Event" set up for this for tomorrow ...

I have heard of a PRO-2A group of mom's planning / trying to attend. This will/could be good. Guy is supposed to be there to testify.

Anyone know if Fargo is available. - more legaleze speak please. ... :)

get the people clicking the NRA link or similar. or calling or both - spread the base wide.

ETA - anyone message pistol pastor yet? .

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    it is both - it did contain valid details - but they're trying to hatchet it cause it is pro 2A / A1-S32 rights ...

This is a long weekend. KIA - glad you can go - or I hope you can.
    MDA has an "Event" set up for this for tomorrow ...

I have heard of a PRO-2A group of mom's planning / trying to attend. This will/could be good. Guy is supposed to be there to testify.

Anyone know if Fargo is available. - more legaleze speak please. ... :)

get the people clicking the NRA link or similar. or calling or both - spread the base wide.

ETA - anyone message pistol pastor yet? .

I'm cleared hot for tomorrow. Guy and Chris from NRA will be there per Guy's show yesterday. Maybe the Moms can muster more than 2 this time.

IMing Pistol Pastor now.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm cleared hot for tomorrow. Guy and Chris from NRA will be there per Guy's show yesterday. Maybe the Moms can muster more than 2 this time.

IMing Pistol Pastor now.

Wish I could - but I have a call at 10 and need to prep for it before that. ... gonna try to follow in the background - someone else may need to start the play by play.
    I have fairly flexible day job ... but tis frustrating. ...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wish I could - but I have a call at 10 and need to prep for it before that. ... gonna try to follow in the background - someone else may need to start the play by play.
    I have fairly flexible day job ... but tis frustrating. ...

Do what ya gotta do, Bill. Last week wouldn't have been possible for me, I hadn't figured out a funding issue at this point last week. I've since quoted Jim Lovell (Houston, we have a problem) and moved back to routine stuff.

I PM'd Pistol Pastor but no word yet.

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    So where does HB1214 leave current holders of the 4 year and lifetime LTCH? Do they have to reapply and go through the whole process again? I don't fully understand the gun part of the bill itself so I'd appreciate it if a nice person could dumb it down for me. TIA

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So where does HB1214 leave current holders of the 4 year and lifetime LTCH? Do they have to reapply and go through the whole process again? I don't fully understand the gun part of the bill itself so I'd appreciate it if a nice person could dumb it down for me. TIA

Going forward there will only be a lifetime LTCH and except for the fingerprinting and replacement/address change it will be free. Your current license is your current license, lifetime = lifetime. The NICS-exempt 5 year license is now off the table.

The other part is the former SB 33, houses of worship and firearms. Makes it not a felony to carry in a church during a worship service if the church is also a school or licensed day care.

1000 tomorrow morning, room 156-B at the Statehouse.

Top Bottom