• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    Too bad it didn't pass. It sucks. However, I would rather be unhappy about a progun bill not passing, then be unhappy about an anti-gun bill passing. I check out what's going on in the California , Illinois, and a few other state gun forums occasionally. Totally depressing. I am still glad I'm in Indiana.

shootr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2015
    Mooresville
    Well - As much as this ticks me off - I'm in need of a mental break for a day or 3 ...

I agree it stinks and it should not be this hard.

But 3 things to point out.

1) don't discount the summer study - it took 2 sessions (or 3? not sure) for them to go from road / cost study - to raising the gas tax; and the fact that came out in the study are still completely valid today; as they were the year before - we still have solid argument.

2) several of the problem folks are up for re-election - but better - several may be retiring - the other issue of concern is who gets leadership roles after the election.
    There will most definitely be "fresh blood" -

3) We need to keep up the pressure - This stuff is ramped up again ... the feds are in it too; and those that would use 1 right to strip a 2nd - are fully at it.
    We need to work smarter - and harder - and use ALL the tools. -
    rallies, flyers, petitions, letters, meet with legislators (and their staff), work to change peoples minds - by what we say and what we do - not argue and name call;
    comment smartly - not smart a$$3dly - get people to the line (Invite a legislator?) -

This (INGO) is one of the safe zones to "vent". - but out there - in the world - game on. 100% of the time.

Thanks to all of you who've written - called - petitioned - testified - (and show up to testify) ... met with people - and shared info to other venues (web, FB, clubs, whatever)
    You're making the difference. ...

OK I"m out for a bit. Tired and overly stressed w/ life and this - and life - and 2 weeks straight of Mondays

All senator Bray had to do was sign the bill and it hit the floor for the vote......HE WOULDN'T SIGN! One guy stopped any action on gun licenses and carrying in Church.
    ONE MAN, because he wants the money for the lifetime license......Senator BRAY.....REMEMBER that name!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well - As much as this ticks me off - I'm in need of a mental break for a day or 3 ...

I agree it stinks and it should not be this hard.

But 3 things to point out.

1) don't discount the summer study - it took 2 sessions (or 3? not sure) for them to go from road / cost study - to raising the gas tax; and the fact that came out in the study are still completely valid today; as they were the year before - we still have solid argument.

2) several of the problem folks are up for re-election - but better - several may be retiring - the other issue of concern is who gets leadership roles after the election.
    There will most definitely be "fresh blood" -

3) We need to keep up the pressure - This stuff is ramped up again ... the feds are in it too; and those that would use 1 right to strip a 2nd - are fully at it.
    We need to work smarter - and harder - and use ALL the tools. -
    rallies, flyers, petitions, letters, meet with legislators (and their staff), work to change peoples minds - by what we say and what we do - not argue and name call;
    comment smartly - not smart a$$3dly - get people to the line (Invite a legislator?) -

This (INGO) is one of the safe zones to "vent". - but out there - in the world - game on. 100% of the time.

Thanks to all of you who've written - called - petitioned - testified - (and show up to testify) ... met with people - and shared info to other venues (web, FB, clubs, whatever)
    You're making the difference. ...

OK I"m out for a bit. Tired and overly stressed w/ life and this - and life - and 2 weeks straight of Mondays

I can't rep Bill again for awhile but let's everybody rep-bomb him (and Kelly-in-Avon) for the work they've done helping us keep informed this session!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm still confused as to why they even bothered to do this at all if they weren't going to follow through and get it signed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I can't rep Bill again for awhile but let's everybody rep-bomb him (and Kelly-in-Avon) for the work they've done helping us keep informed this session!
    Thank you GFGT. I'm out of rep for Bill, someone please +10 him. He carried the flag on this issue.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks aren't really needed; but I appreciate it. - I get as much as I give out of this. We have to do it together.

("we must all hang together or surely we will hang separately" - Franklin, I do believe, July 1776)

I'm just Paul Revere - the messenger.
    He didn't ride once - he rode numerous times - nor alone - but by spreading the word to others to ride, send signals.
    Your clock is now set to ... December 1774.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    It would be nice to have a summary of how these losers voted this session to see how it all went down.

I'm in for $ to primary the ones that need removed/replaced.

Shameful and worthless. Just worthless.

Bosma needs to be challenged and loose his Speakership.

Who is Ed Soliday from Valpo. I really feel sorry for those who he 'represents'. What a worthless moron.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...-unintentional-death-several-bills/427160002/

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So how much will calling a Special Session cost the taxpayers of the state. I think they had plenty of time to get their crap done. I hate these people.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Does anyone actually think calling a special session would get anything done? Thats a joke.

The 'R's have the House, Senate, and Governor. Bosma cannot manage his own caucus. He needs to loose his Speakership.

Simple.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Does anyone actually think calling a special session would get anything done? Thats a joke.

The 'R's have the House, Senate, and Governor. Bosma cannot manage his own caucus. He needs to loose his Speakership.

Simple.

IME this is exactly what you get whatever one party holds a super majority for a significant period of time. Members of the other party start running on the other side, and pretty soon you have an unholy divided mess of a party, because there is no real external opposition to unite against.

The county I live in votes 70 to 80% Republican, but you would be amazed at how many pro-abortion/pro-tax/anti-2a folks run in the Republican primary.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    So how much will calling a Special Session cost the taxpayers of the state. I think they had plenty of time to get their crap done. I hate these people.

If it gets some good bills passed, it will be worth it. If not, then I agree it would be a waste of money. I also agree they had plenty of time to do it the first time around. Heck, the Montana legislature only meets every other year and they do just fine. I would move there if it wasn't so dang cold for so much of the year!

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    IME this is exactly what you get whatever one party holds a super majority for a significant period of time. Members of the other party start running on the other side, and pretty soon you have an unholy divided mess of a party, because there is no real external opposition to unite against.

The county I live in votes 70 to 80% Republican, but you would be amazed at how many pro-abortion/pro-tax/anti-2a folks run in the Republican primary.

Interesting and insightful observation, makes sense.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fargo again."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

This is true.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If it gets some good bills passed, it will be worth it. If not, then I agree it would be a waste of money. I also agree they had plenty of time to do it the first time around. Heck, the Montana legislature only meets every other year and they do just fine. I would move there if it wasn't so dang cold for so much of the year!

I'd bet they'd only do it to consider only a few bills. My skeptical side says the church bill wouldn't be one of them.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I'd bet they'd only do it to consider only a few bills. My skeptical side says the church bill wouldn't be one of them.

That's (the SB33 language) actually on the list - I think this could be done in 2 or 3 days TOPS if they limit / specify items to be addressed.
    Day 1 - If they need to start from scratch - Intro - assign tasks to members/committees & begin hearings. but work as "joint conference committees"
    Day 2 - Committees finalize language and hash it out; put language together - caucus - edit - repeat.
    after 2 tries Lock them in room until agree.
    Day 3 - chambers discuss and vote.
    Day 3 - Fin / sine die.

As I noted above (prior post) - I'm not sure exactly how all this works.
    No combining or overlapping language allowed; 1 very specific subject per bill/proposal.

And I don't care if the No License Fees LTCH plan goes away - while it a win- as noted - it is also a trap. It leaves us w/ the required LTCH for quite a while cause "IT IS FREE" ...

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

This is a very fair assessment of what is going on.

It also doesn't help that Sen. Long announced his retirement before the end of session.

Top Bottom