• ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Looks like Miss Sloan was miss Miss.

From the IMDb movie page, the first weekend box office intake bordered on nobody went to see it:
    IMDb said:
    Box Office

Budget:

$18,000,000 (estimated)

Opening Weekend:

$59,797 (USA) (25 November 2016)

Gross:

$59,797 (USA) (25 November 2016)

All of it here including a couple of good reviews.
    Miss Sloane (2016) - IMDb

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

From the IMDb movie page, the first weekend box office intake bordered on nobody went to see it:

Well, that doesn't bode very well for it now does it?
    According to that link, the internals of the polling shows 10% more respondents gave the movie a 1 rating than those who gave it a 10.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    This movie has been advertised on Fox for weeks now. Eye candy, for sure. Either I have missed it, or the add copy changed in the past couple days. First time I noted the "gun control" phrase was today.

I did not know what the plot was until just this weekend. Either didn't pay attention or as you noted, they changed the ad copy. Now that I know what the plot is they will never see any of my money, even if it goes straight to the 99cent DVD.

Perhaps this is the reason they changed the ad copy was the dismal box office performance.

Come watch the movie, "Do it for the children!"

From the IMDb movie page, the first weekend box office intake bordered on nobody went to see it: Gross $59,797

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

User reviews...

[h=2]Sorry, but Hillary lost and this movie won't change anything[/h]Author: AdultAudienceMember from United States
    3 December 2016
    Movies like this are like peeing on yourself in a dark suit. It might make you feel warm and relieved for a little bit, but in the end you have done nothing but stained your underwear. This movie was obviously meant to be red meat for the victorious Hillary. Ooops, that didn't work. Libs, gun control is dead. This movie is full of lies and half truths. According to the FBI, so-called assault weapons are used in so few crimes (only a fraction of the 500 deaths out of 30,000 annually), that they don't bother keeping and exact count.

[h=2]I'm just a dumb redneck[/h]Author: jimiperu from Detroit mi
    30 November 2016
    This is my first for his review of a movie only because I never felt so strong about a subject matter to write one.

I have not seen this movie but I have every intention to when I don't have to pay $10. Another reason I wrote this review is when I read a previous one and felt that I needed to set the record straight to that progressive, elitist, self righteous, uninformed, snide individual who wrote it.

First of all I am not some knuckle dragging inbred, troglodyte that us Second Amendment supporters are smeared to be by the left. My wife and I are educated professional people. In contradiction to the way people like to smear gun owners the way they do.

Anyone with any understanding of the constitution would know that we would have no constitution or country if it wasn't for the Second Amendment. Our right as citizens to own guns has nothing to do with hunting " that was just a given by our founding fathers to feed ourselves " but it was to guarantee that tyrannical government could never rain power on its normal citizens.

Of course this is a political motivated movie anyone and everyone in Hollywood who is important is surrounded by armed guards and would never live the life that they impose on us. Safe to say it is people like this Snob who are EXACTLY The reason why Donald Trump crushed that constitutional hating woman in the bid for the presidency.

[h=2]Bad Movie For law abiding Citizens[/h]
    10.gif

Author: jasonu-02681 from United States
    25 November 2016
    This movie is not a good movie. There are already enough gun restrictions all over the US. Even more than the 2nd Amendment should allow. Not a Fan of this actress anymore I loved her in The Debt. Not anymore. As an Officer of the Law this is not a good movie and I pray that it wont take rise to today's political views. Movies like this spawn uneducated voting in polls

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    I think this is a great way to weed out politicians who need ousted . Get politicians to comment on the movie . Get them on record . Then remind everyone when they are up for re-election .

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

As usually seems to be the case, the comments to the article are amazing in their own right. It's kind of hard to imagine anyone actually believing that Hillary would have won if only this movie had been released before the election, yet there it is in the comments.

"Sounds like a good film that I want to see; however, the correct political move would have been to release it before the election and we may have had a more favorable outcome."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As usually seems to be the case, the comments to the article are amazing in their own right. It's kind of hard to imagine anyone actually believing that Hillary would have won if only this movie had been released before the election, yet there it is in the comments.

"Sounds like a good film that I want to see; however, the correct political move would have been to release it before the election and we may have had a more favorable outcome."

And there was a reply, pretty much saying what you just said.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    The American President was one of the most amazingly jaw-dropping gob-smacking anti-gun political movies I've ever seen.

Story was, overall decent but the antagonist was horribly written and the gun control part was a huge turn-off. Particularly the President he was going write the law himself.

[video=youtube;NCsGMwHGINI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCsGMwHGINI[/video]

Last edited:

kenjb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had only seen bits of the commercials for the film until last nite. When she stated that anybody can buy an "assault" rifle without a background check, I knew the story and swore off ever seeing the film. So did my wife.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region

That was Italian Rose who posted that. She is famous on the Wash Post commenting section as the most rabidly anti-gun/freedom person in the states. She is comparable to the CEO of the flat earth society in her mistaken beliefs.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The American President was one of the most amazingly jaw-dropping gob-smacking anti-gun political movies I've ever seen.

Story was, overall decent but the antagonist was horribly written and the gun control part was a huge turn-off. Particularly the President he was going write the law himself.

[video=youtube;NCsGMwHGINI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCsGMwHGINI[/video]

Another Hollywood example of, they don't know how the government works.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

The American President came out in 1995, 21 years ago.

Think of all the tens of millions of "assault rifles" and handguns that exist now thanks to Hollywood's scare tactics.

I bought 3 "assault rifles" Sunday and lifted a middle finger to the West.:D

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Maybe that's where Obama got his idea of how the president works. It seems he gets his information when we do from the news, so it only stands to reason that he learned to be president from the movies.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The preview said the NRA doesn't want me to see it. So I won't.

If that's true then the NRA are brilliant as NO ONE has gone to see it. In 3 weeks it's barely hit $2,000,000. I'm all broken up about it. Thing is apparently Chastain did an excellent job and the studio will push for Oscar attention. Ohhh I hope not.

Top Bottom